Cricket TV Rights 2024/25-2030/31 (Seven/Foxtel)

I’ve no issue with the WI playing in summer, but the Perth fixture seems a mistake to me, especially when the other touring side is South Africa who have a big following in East Cape Town.

Play the WI in Hobart, Canberra, etc. If they must play in Perth, can’t the use the WACA ground?

1 Like

100% agree, with where the STH Africa test should be played. Makes no sense in STH Africa being played at the Gabba, also why a GABBA test is so late in Dec, which is more in their wet season.

Regarding WACA, it’s still going through its renovations, but was meant to be for tests against smaller nations.

#weareofftopic

Something, something ten rights fox miss.

1 Like

This kind of tour won’t be allowed under the Paravolut10n.

3 Likes

Haven’t seen many promos on 7, except that really good 4 minute promo they had on their 7cricket Twitter

1 Like

I can’t say I’ve seen many promos on FTA, but Fox have been running one of the most self indulgent, network talent focused advertisements since the World Cup started, so I guess it counts.

3 Likes

Seven have been running the following for almost one month.

2 Likes

Why is it titled 2025+ shouldn’t it be 2024+?

1 Like

changed.

4 Likes

As mentioned in the Seven Cricket thread, Seven left the game immediately with the match presentation and post show not seen. I do hope CA noticed how poor Seven’s coverage is as well as how toxic they are to them.

7 Likes

CA’s rights subcommittee is led by the board director Richard Freudenstein, a former chief executive of Foxtel

Key takeaway from that article and though such cronyism exists in several industries, it kinda explains why CA are not fit for purpose to act as custodians of the sport.

Given their ineptitude and short-sighted greed, I won’t be surprised if CA divide up the rights between two separate subscription platforms.

1 Like

Points from the article:

• Paramount/Ten continues the lead for bidding
  • Foxtel could be forced to work with Paramount
  • There was a meeting between Foxtel/Paramount executives last month that generated talk that Foxtel is considering someone other than Seven
  • Nine and Ten have bid with Stan and Paramount+, not Fox
  • CA is keeping options open for now
  • Sources have said Lachlan Henderson has met with Patrick Denaly and Peter Costello, but not with Kerry Stokes.

IMO If Foxtel and Paramount decide to bid together, then they will get rights. They are two cashed-up companies that can easily outbid Seven and Nine.

The only way I can see Foxtel and Ten working together is if Foxtel can somehow convince Ten to drop the Paramount+ aspect of any deal and only be a FTA partner. That would be a cost saving for 10 but would severely lessen their footprint in the deal.

Foxtel wouldn’t want to be a minority partner in the deal as their value is in the ‘whole of sport’ package to drive subscriptions.

2 Likes

Is that typical of Murdoch Press, if he doesn’t like the CEO running a sport, his papers go hard and very negative against them, until they are booted to the curb.

Next thing you see is a favourable Murdoch CEO, he has done it with CA, NRL, NETBALL etc.

This guy uses his “power” to remove and generate business for himself.

Ten and nine will be crazy to join with Fox, they have their own Non FTA to air networks, plus FTA.

I can see how this is going to end, ten will be like seven, just join fox to have something in summer and hope it works, instead of going full on!

:man_facepalming: and they wonder why they didn’t end up with the AFL rights.

6 Likes

Somehow I feel like if Ten and Foxtel get rights (which is hopefully unlikely) basically T20s are on Paramount+/Foxtel/Kayo, and ODIs, Tests and most BBL games have a five way simulcast on 10/10play/Foxtel/Paramount+/Kayo. However I think Paramount will go at it alone and hopefully win the rights against the two toxic companies who get angry if things don’t go there way that are Seven and Foxtel.

1 Like

I hope 10/P gets it exclusively. Ratings on 10 aren’t good at all

4 Likes

And ratings on fox are good?

This is the issue with argument from Fox/Murdoch, those ratings for fox are rubbish! 198k for nation wide. Rubbish.

If CA had half a brain they wouldn’t even take this into account.

6 Likes

What’s a “good” rating for Foxtel then? (Remembering that Foxtel’s ratings exclude Kayo)

2 Likes

How will the digital rights be decided if Foxtel and 10 share the rights? I am sure 10 won’t agree to Kayo retaining the exclusive live streaming and digital replay rights.

4 Likes

Considering Foxtel has given up those exclusive streaming rights for NRL and will be for the AFL in the next deal, I’m sure they’d be more likely to do it for cricket than they were in the past, no matter the partner.

1 Like