Seven Cricket Coverage

Given Seven’s content shortage at present, if the September 29 matches rate okay on the main channel I’d suggest they run the Brisbane and Canberra matches live on the main channel also.

Maybe Seven does not want to interrupt its daytime line-up for the Brisbane match and Better Homes and Gardens for the Canberra match?
Also, the Sydney match should be live on the main channel in Adelaide.

I understand why they would want to run Better Homes and Gardens but cannot understand why they wouldn’t try going live with the cricket on the main channel in daytime.

3 Likes

A cricket match featuring the Southern Stars should have priority over a midday movie Seven probably has shown 24 times before, The Daily Edition and episodes of The Chase UK

1 Like

It’s a public holiday as well in Queensland. They could at least give the 4pm crew a rest for the day.

1 Like

At least Seven has listened and moved the cricket to main channel.

Women’s cricket won’t rate on the main channel.

But it’ll rate better than the other trash that they’ll serve up.

2 Likes

following the Grand Final i am sure there will be some viewers that happen to stay on seven so just watches the cricket. I suspect there will be lots of promotion during the GF for the womens t20 that evening.

1 Like

Hope so

Has there been any ads for the first t20 yet?

Molloy considering a Summer Front Bar for Cricket
https://myaccount.news.com.au/sites/heraldsun/subscribe.html?sourceCode=HSWEB_WRE170_a_GGL&mode=premium&dest=https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/mick-molloy-id-have-sam-on-the-front-bar/news-story/5bd3de7ead82c5329190edfeb6aee813&memtype=anonymous\

Anything will rate well after a Grand Final, you could literally put anything there.

Recent examples:
Grown Ups 2 in 2016, over 600k.
Raiders of the Lost Ark last year, over 800k (highest rating movie in a couple of years).

Live sport will surely rate higher, even if it is women.

Women’s cricket is a strange choice, I would have gone with Home Alone 2.

1 Like

I would call that even stranger.

2 Likes

Injured fast bowler Pat Cummins is joining Seven’s commentary team for Saturday’s Twenty20 women’s match between Australia and New Zealand. Showers are forecast for the day in Sydney which could disrupt the match.

2 Likes

Hi guys, given that Seven has the rights to the Women’s T20, ODIs, Tests, BBL Games I Do Not think you can stream the matches on the 7Plus app. Instead it will be replaced by the Border Security Repeats. This is similar when Nine had the International Summer of Cricket where 9now blocks the streaming of the cricket, while for BBL on TEN, Tenplay will completely black out the telecast.

Another reason why this rights deal is completely fucked for the 21st century.

8 Likes

Here in WA, the Women’s T20 2 hours of the match will be live on 7mate before switching over to 7 at 7.

Yep - Nine’s NRL deal is the bare minimum - streaming the matches they have the rights to, catch up rights to the same matches and highlights rights (though they only seem to use them online?) to the matches they don’t.

Seven didn’t even get themselves something like their AFL deal with the Grand Final, where at the very least they have one match a year fully exclusive.

5 Likes