Seven Cricket Coverage

Been meaning to ask, anyone been watching the Lord’s Test?

Chris Woakes scored his maiden century, was chatting with someone at church this morning. Of which discussion on other sports also came up, including them not realising cricket will be on Seven and tennis on Nine :joy:

A profile picture of a former host of said network really helps his case.

Agreed, I haven’t not noticed that.

For sure.

Laughable. I am not even going to go there, we’ve been through this on many fronts before. I have said countless times I don’t use twitter nor am I any of those people.

Sorry if I came across overly mean to @akymbo82 but we’re entitled to our views and opinions and to express them aren’t we?

You’ve been here long enough to know we have a cricket thread. This series is not being broadcast on 7.

:roll_eyes:.

Lol.

The only opinions that you expressed in that post were that Akymbo was a Nine fanboi and how we can’t criticise Seven’s coverage if we haven’t seen it. Not exactly what I’d call great discussion.

3 Likes

Well if you followed the cricket posts on this site you would have realised that I have Mark as my Avatar as joke, in response to a comment made in the past. Didn’t realise I wasn’t allowed to make comment on cricket based on this.

Also my response to the above, is in regards to the fact that anything that hasn’t been exclusive has been lacklustre on FTV. It’s an early comment from myself yes, but if Supercars, Union has shown anything it could be bad.

I guess if I put in “could be” in the first response it would have made a difference.

In regards to which way I swing; “nineboi”; oh that’s laughable. I am a fan of sport and still struggle with the idea that cricket isn’t going to be free for all. Also don’t get the economics behind having cricket on duel stations.

If you spilt 400k watching the first session of a test match between fox and seven, where is Seven going to make money. Any business will do a quick check to see if it’s profitable and when they realise it isn’t making money, then watch the cuts come quick than the cut shots by the Aussies.

What suffers, will be the viewers.

5 Likes

Ricky Ponting doing some good work here, warming up for the cricket coverage.

BetEasy advertised during Seven’s AFL coverage last night.

1 Like

People forget that Seven had done cricket in the past.

In the 70’s well before Paxker got the itch for WSC HSV-7 (what is known as Seven Melbourne today) did commercial cricket broadcasting, then in the late 90’s and early 2000’s via C7 Sport.

But you know, its new because Foxtel said so.

1 Like

I think Seven also covered Australia’s tour of South Africa in 1996/97.

1 Like

Im talking about local production of Australian games.

Yes its also well known that Seven has done international tours.

Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews was in the La Trobe Valley town of Moe today for the announcement that Melbourne Stars will host Adelaide Strikers at Ted Summerton Reserve on Wednesday January 23. The men’s BBL match will start at 2.45pm AEDT and will be shown live on both Seven and Fox Cricket.

3 Likes

Good to see them taking BBL games to regional centres.

Has anyone seen the seven cricket graphics? Does anyone know if any new commentators have been announced?

One of the latest promos featuring personalities on Seven

4 Likes

Haha oh to me Sevens needs to love cricket more for the sake of the mens one dayers.

1 Like

Home and away crap? Spare us.

2 Likes

Who are they trying to appeal to? Stay at Home mums or nursing home grannies?

5 Likes

Dreadful. See they could have actually done this in a fun way by incorporating a game of cricket into a promo, shot in ‘Summer Bay’ and maybe a game of indoor cricket being played in a newsroom or whatever, maybe add in some other shows. But talking head segments from Seven personalities? Spare me.

6 Likes

Looks like there is a Seven Cricket logo:

2 Likes

Seven should be convincing cricket super fans who grew up with Nine’s test coverage that they are adequate custodians of the game, to keep them from getting a Foxtel subscription - not appealing to people who won’t watch cricket anyway.

7 Likes

The counter argument to that is cricket ‘super fans’ are the viewers most likely to subscribe to Foxtel (if they don’t have it already) because they want to be able to see everything. Therefore, while they should still try to cater to them (as you’re suggesting) - Seven’s focus should be on appealing to casual cricket viewers

Mel McLaughlin, Andy Maher and Abbey Gelmi will host Seven’s coverage of the Australian women’s T20 series from September 29.

Former Australia stars Lisa Sthalekar and Julia Price will commentate.

Australia’s Southern Stars take on the White Ferns in a three-match T20 International starting Saturday September 29 Live on Channel 7 and 7mate.

Australia is fresh off an impressive win over England in the final of their tri series in India earlier this year, so will take some confidence into this series.

Captain Meg Lanning leads the Australians Live from North Sydney Oval as they seek to turn the tables on fierce rivals New Zealand, having never won a T20 series against the Kiwis in three attempts since 2012.

Australian squad: Nicola Carey, Ashleigh Gardner, Rachael Haynes (vc) Alyssa Healy, Delissa Kimmince, Meg Lanning © Sophie Molineux, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Elyse Villani, Tayla Vlaeminck, Georgia Wareham.

Australia v NZ T20 International
North Sydney Oval
Saturday September 29
Sydney 7.00pm Live on Channel 7
Melbourne 7.00pm Live on Channel 7
Brisbane 7.00pm Live on Channel 7
Adelaide 6.30pm Live on 7mate
Perth 5.00pm Live on 7mate

Allan Border Field, Brisbane
Monday October 1
Sydney 2.00pm Live on 7mate
Melbourne 2.00pm Live on 7mate
Brisbane 2.00pm Live on 7mate
Adelaide 1.30pm Live on 7mate
Perth 12.00pm Live on 7mate

Manuka Oval, Canberra
Friday October 5
Sydney 7.00pm Live on 7mate
Melbourne 7.00pm Live on 7mate
Brisbane 7.00pm Live on 7mate
Adelaide 6.30pm Live on 7mate
Perth 5.00pm Live on 7mate

Given Seven’s content shortage at present, if the September 29 matches rate okay on the main channel I’d suggest they run the Brisbane and Canberra matches live on the main channel also.