Seven Cricket Coverage

Tasmania would still get screwed, they’d get every Melbourne game but no doubt miss out on other Hurricanes games.

I don’t really understand why it’s the Saturday games which are all exclusive to Foxtel. I thought that it would rate well on Saturday nights on Seven with not much competition during Summer. I understand this week with Carols in the Domain on, but do they prefer to play some overflogged movies on Saturday night instead? Unless it was a Foxtel decision?

I thought they said the amount of BBL games they will air, rather than “all”, as that would be misleading and false advertising.

3 Likes

Channel 7 never said that they will show all the BBL games live, only selected matches live (43). It is even stated in this promo.

4 Likes

Well all knew it was a shit deal to begin with but now it’s coming home to roost for all the real cricket fans. It’s just been a complete nightmare. A travesty of epic proportions. Hopefully seven are getting abused by fans for signing such a deal.

1 Like

And I am going to feel very pissed off for not having my scorchers team play agsinst Sixers today on FTA. I am absolutely robbed. @cmo

It would be interesting to find out why Saturday was picked as the day when the majority of Fox exclusive games would be played. Would have thought Sunday might have been a better option for all parties

That’s what I thought. Or even another day during the week, Saturday just seems weird.

Wow… it’s all getting messy! Some games free to watch and other pay to watch…:joy: Sorry 7 you have put a lot of money into pissing people off!!

1 Like

Same deal with football though - Seven don’t have all of them. Not sure why people are as angry as they are. It’s annoying sure but it’s what’s happened with AFL, NRL, Supercars etc… It’s not like this is the first time we’ve been screwed over.

3 Likes

It’s FREE to Air TV - FREE into our homes

I’m never going to be paying for any Subscription service.
If I did though, I’d have a right to complain if they provided a sub standard service.
This is FTA and I find it difficult to complain, but that’s just me.

what it could do is make a more greater incentive to go to the games. I would have most away games on FTA and home games should be on Foxtel.

There’s an issue with that. Foxtel would have to create state specific channels so that could happen. I don’t think Fox Sports have either the infrastructure or foresight to do that.

1 Like

Well Foxtel would still show all the games it’s just the delivery of the FTA that would change.

1 Like

Seven cricket reporter Abbey Gelmi has revealed her engagement to Sky Racing reporter Ben Way.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/sports-reporters-abbey-gelmi-and-ben-way-are-engaged/news-story/6459a5e1b7bff2f281eaf0ac099ac35f

They were both at Fox Sports. Congratulations to them. First I’ve really seen Abbey has been with her working on the cricket on 7 and I have been quite impressed so far.

Contentious opinion, I prefer Abbey over Mel McLaughlin and Roz Kelly.

2 Likes

I echo the idea of Seven covering at least all of the state based matches for BBL. Sure it might be bothersome to arrange but at least it would be better than their current mess (e.g. Melbourne viewers getting all of the Renegades and Stars games, Adelaide sees all the Strikers games).

Same with Internationals. All Australian based matches played in Australia should be on FTA.

2 Likes

It’d be great but are Seven going to be able to afford the billion dollars next time? Foxtel have all the power. They will do what they can to flout the laws but not break them (eg Seven hold the rights to the ODIs but won’t show them because of the deal) and they will do what they can to secure more subscriptions - which would include making people miss some of their teams matches. With the AFL coverage, isn’t that a ruling from the AFL that it must be available on FTA in that city? That should have been put in the agreement here from CA.

Surely the middle ground would have been delayed coverage?

Even if that’s just home state games are on 7mate an hour delayed. That would still be enough to give Fox an exclusive.

3 Likes