Seven Cricket Coverage

Seven producing the world feed for 43 matches while Fox prodcues the world feed for 16 matches. Sony Six is taking Seven’s coverage

But yeah… there now…

1 Like

BT Sport UK is taking Seven’s pictures and graphics, not sure about the commentary.
Interestingly, the video highlights on CA and BBL websites are from Seven’s coverage but have the Fox Cricket watermark on the top right of the screen.

1 Like

7 Likes

How’s the coverage for those who can access it?

My aging eyes aren’t enjoying the score board across the bottom of the screen. Very hard to read compared to the crisp test version I’ve become used to already.

1 Like

Yeah it’s too bright. They should tone down the blue used or use black for the text.

It feels eerily similar to Ten’s BBL coverage.

For Big Bash that’s what they needed to have I think. They needed to keep the momentum and the product like what people have come accustomed to over the last few years so they wouldn’t switch to Fox/Kayo. Test coverage needed to change as whether people were tired of Nine or not the noise surrounding their coverage was that it was old and stale and needed to change. Ten’s BBL coverage was still seen as fresh and revolutionary.

Haven’t watched much of the Fox coverage and haven’t seen the opening of Seven’s yet but overall I’m happy with it, mainly because it’s felt like summer and Big Bash is back, similar voices with Punter and the vibe/enthusiasm like the old Ten coverage and the colours and graphics styles too.

For what Seven could have given us with the rights changes, I’ve been happy with what they’ve produced and found myself watching them more for Tests and probably will for Big Bash too, even with the ads which is not how I thought I’d go.

4 Likes

They are meant to show team colours (teal for the Heat, blue for the Strikers) so Seven can’t change them.

I’m sure they could change them even though they are the team colours.

Michael Slater is very over the top tonight, yelling very regularly at times where yelling is not really required. Comes across as quite fake TBH.

7 Likes

I think he’s just excited he finally gets to do Big Bash rather than stuck doing the Tests with 9 and The Cricket Show. I reckon he’ll settle down eventually.

3 Likes

He did the IPL for the first time this year IIRC

BT Sport is also taking 7’s coverage

1 Like

Sam McClure is hosting tonight

“Hosting”? Super said “boundary reporter”, as did Decider TV’s preview article. Pretty sure JB is doing both host and call duties tonight?

Sam McClure hosted the bat flip too.

Flow Sports in the Carribean

20181220_193611|690x383

Who is Sam Clune? Never seen him before or heard his name. I do think he was quite good though.

1 Like