Seven AFL Coverage

You can show M at 8:15…

1 Like

True, maybe it is to do with show being sponsored by an alcohol brand though?

Is it as simple as ratings though? I thought there were different restrictions of live (and appear as live) programs that don’t go through an official classification process. I believe 9:30 is still a magic time when broadcasters are able to show more inappropriate content - the AFL and NRL footy shows still use this in their rundowns.

WA v VIC game is not in HD, though still looks a million times better than their WAFL broadcasts!

considering most wafl games are on mate in sd

1 Like

Shortened as VFL v WAFL.

1 Like

I wonder if they are having a “second tier” state game to gauge interest in a State Of Origin at AFL level again… which is something that often comes up for debate whenever the NRL State Of Origin is on, which just so happens to start again this Wednesday :blush:

Not shortened, it’s a vfl rep side v a wafl rep side. Not state of origin rules.

3 Likes

Inter-league games are nothing new. VFA usually had one or two each year but since the demise of soo in the afl they’ve used the white big v guernsey .

4 Likes

This was accompanied with a voice over.

2 Likes

Won’t this warning discourage Indigenous viewers from watching tonight’s match? Dreamtime at the ’G is meant to celebrate their culture.

Tonight’s telecast finished at 11:15pm.

Only 15min earlier than last night, despite the game starting HALF AN HOUR earlier :expressionless:

Yet again, also 15min into next program on EPG (Kick Ass 2).

one word - Schapelle (well technically three, now eight)

And do what instead?
a) disrespect their culture by not showing the warning, or
b) suspect their ancestors by pretending they don’t exist?

1 Like

This was not broadcast in AFL markets

1 Like

Umm… That didn’t affect the broadcast

1 Like

Well was broadcasted here, and I would consider Perth a broadcast market.

And anyway, there was more coverage, it’s a Saturday, have some fun, treat yourself!

2 Likes

In case you’ve been living under a rock…

AFL is broadcast on the MAIN CHANNEL in Melbourne & Adelaide :disappointed:

You would have got Fox simulcast of ADEL v FREM on 7mate.

So of course you got the special coverage on main channel, just like Sydney & Brisbane.

2 Likes

That generally appears whenever ANY image of a deceased indigenous person appears. The Logies for example often show that message when someone falling into that category is featured in the In Memoriam segment, and it also appears before the Indigenous All Stars NRL game.

This Weekend 6 games of afl and in Perth we get to watch 5 games live and free
3 on mate sd and 2 on 7 in hd

2 Likes