Seven AFL Coverage

BT on Friday Night and Sunday arvo. Boy oh boy

1 Like

In the past Bruce has done Adelaide games on Sunday’s because that’s where he lives and Hamish can continue to do game day

1 Like

Having a look at Perth broadcasting times for the first 4 rounds
Week 1 - 4 games -1 on 7 - 3 on mate
Week 2 - 4 games - 1 on 7 - 3 on mate
Week 3 - 4 games - 2 on 7 - 2-on mate
Week 4 - 5 games - 4 on 7 - 1 on mate
Strange that half the games in Perth for the first 4 weeks are on 7 and half on mate.
Are 7 going switch mate and 7 to and fro on hd/sd ??? This really bizarre

1 Like

According to Afl, the West Coast v Sydney Game in R4 will be at 18:10 on Fox sports. Not sure if exclusive to fox?

I think the Eagles-Swans game is exclusive to Fox Footy but simulcast in WA on 7mate.

1 Like

Up until recently I thought Bruce McAvaney lived in Victoria, given how often he’s in Melbourne hosting/calling for Seven Sport over the decades :+1:

Wonder if him and Dennis Commetti ever had an apartment at least, to save them flying 24/7?

I’m sure someone would know

Bruce did live in Melbourne from when he joined 10 until about 2000 when he returned to Adelaide.

1 Like

Seven probably put him up in a hotel suite.

1 Like

Dennis and Bruce flew back and forth every single week.

Dennis has spent 6 years of his life in a hotel http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-10/ex-abc-caller-dennis-cometti-to-hang-up-the-microphone/7154610

2 Likes

2 Likes

isn’t that beyond ridiculous, normally when the state team is interstate it is live. Honestly, a 165 minute delay is quite bad. I wonder if they will drag it out to 6pm

whatever happened to 3.5 games per round on FTA. As that was a part of the deal, or is it only for VIC

Local teams from NSW, QLD, SA, WA would have to prioritise their matches as part of the agreement. This has been done for so many years now. VIC would normally have 3 games per week live (or 4 if Thursday Night Footy is in place).

Fox production because 7 are doing the Good Friday game (which is just about sold out, thankfully someone reminded me to get tickets last week otherwise I’d have missed out, it’s a North home game and our reciprocal games because of our home games in Cairns and Ballarat are the bookends to the season in Rounds 1 and 23 so I had to pay). The next round I believe 7 are doing 5 games for Melbourne viewers including the ANZAC Eve game between Melbourne and Richmond.

It’s the most confusing sports broadcast schedule. Seven should never have agreed to something that changes every week. The NRL on Nine is consistent for most of the season.

4 Likes

And Nine would never have agreed to something that would hijack a HD channel for the entire football season in the minor states.

But let’s not go there here.

2 Likes

Comedian Danny McGinlay (best known for his funny Western Bulldogs match day banners) will have a regular segment on AFL Game Day this year, according to today’s Herald Sun.
Also, the AFL Players Association revealed yesterday it had no objections to a twilight grand final. It’s now up to AFL Commission to decide on the starting time. If given the green light for twilight GF (say with 5pm AEST start), Seven is set for a ratings bonanza.

1 Like

I’m okay with a twilight grand final if that’s what the AFL want but I doubt the ratings will rise as much as people will say.

WA is the only state I could see the average figure rising somewhat.

1 Like

Didn’t outgoing AFL commission chairman Mike Fitzpatrick rule it out (at least for this year), saying probably 3pm now?

Who cares what Seven want? They always want everything and get everything.

Seven, Nine & Ten were pusing for prime-time GFs since the dawn of time!

The AFL GF still tops the year’s ratings, despite being played during the afternoon :+1:

I don’t see the problem with the current timing to be honest, surely it’s an amazing enough event that it shouldn’t matter

I know the likes of Eddie McGuire have advocated turning it into a super bowl style event, I fail to see how you couldn’t do it without moving it