Seven AFL Coverage

After all these years my preference is for the 2012 result to be null and void to be honest. I could be completely wrong, but I doubt either Sam or Trent would accept or care about it now.

2 Likes

Last Friday the SANFL renewed its broadcast deal with Seven for another two years, effective to the end of 2018. Under the new deal, the match of the week will be shown on the main channel, predominantly on a Saturday afternoon, filling the gap left by the absence of an AFL match (on FTA) in the timeslot.

2 Likes

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/channel-7-to-confirm-brian-taylor-will-replace-dennis-cometti-on-friday-night-call/news-story/d3aa9ee7aa3f25bf5464bf70f9846c87

BT to replace Dennis on Friday night Footy in the New Year.

3 Likes

Yay, I knew BT would get the friday night gig, he’s a much better caller than Hamish McLachlan.

boy oh boy, wowee

3 Likes

In regards to Saturday night, Jon Andersan believes Basil Zempilas will join Luke Darcy.

•Hamish McLachlan is perceived as more senior, shouldn’t/wouldn’t he get Saturday night (being prime-time)?
•Who would be the ‘host’ (main caller) on Saturday nights? Luke Darcy or Basil Zempilas / Hamish McLachlan?

As 2017 marks the start of a new era for Ch 7, the press package will be ver interesting in terms of commentators, etc :slight_smile:

(Is there still a chance there could be a surprise, like a poach from Foxtel?)

1 Like

[quote=“stilesykenny, post:872, topic:376, full:true”]
Yay, I knew BT would get the friday night gig, he’s a much better caller than Hamish McLachlan.[/quote]That’s not saying much though is it? You would probably be a better caller than Hamish (or perhaps even Basil).

Too bad Seven wouldn’t even bother trying to signup someone like Kelli Underwood who run rings around the both of them. But considering what happened when Ten did exactly that years ago…

[quote=“bacco007, post:873, topic:376, full:true”]
boy oh boy, wowee[/quote]:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

This morning the AFL released the 2017 fixture for the women’s competition. Seven will show eight matches, including two in Round 1 and one in each of the other six rounds of the home and away season, plus the Grand Final live. Fox Footy will show all 28 home and away matches live and the GF on delay. The 2017 season starts on Friday, February 3 and finishes on Saturday, March 25 with an afternoon GF.

1 Like

Great news :slight_smile: Hope it will rate as well (if not better) than the trial game they aired this year.

Also funny how they’ll air this, but not the NAB Cup or whatever male pre-season (which I believe Fox Footy have exclusive rights to).

and who gives a shit about the pre season games anyway

4 Likes

It’s now the JLT Community Series.

The round 3 match between Western Bulldogs and Melbourne is held after the JLT Community Series game, and is the Seven-produced match, so I think the cameramen and production personnel will work for both Fox Footy and Seven. All other double or triple headers will be live on Fox Footy only.

1 Like

Fuck ahahahaha
Yeah that’s true

It’s a good thing though for the kids since it’s cheaper and there’s more games (in a shorter time).

A uni club/charity I’m involved in takes some deserving kids to these because of these three reasons.

1 Like

He’s also perceived to be more shit than anyone else at seven.

4 Likes

Isn’t that a bit harsh? I don’t have a problem with Hamish :slight_smile: He’s good at general knowledge/ad-libing (albeit a bit annoying sometimes).

IMO there’s no worse person thab Basil Zempilas (as many here would no doubt agree), although in his five years on Ch 7’s AFL he has improved somewhat.

Basil is no dennis cometti But I don’t have a problem with his commentary (ok maybe I’m bias)

1 Like

[quote=“LukeMovieMan, post:883, topic:376, full:true”]
Isn’t that a bit harsh?[/quote]I wouldn’t have thought so. Hamish is bloody awful. He makes some of the others look great.

1 Like

Never been a fan of Luke Darcy calling. or Basil Zempilas either. would perfer the 3AW team or ABC.

AFL Victoria revealed the 2017 VFL fixture today, and also announced Seven would continue to be the host broadcaster of VFL for the next two seasons. With no AFL matches on FTA on Saturday afternoons in Victoria next year, VFL matches will fill the vaccum, with games starting at 2.30pm in April before moving to 2pm from May. Seven will also show the clash between the VFL and WAFL on Saturday, May 29.

1 Like

State based footy competition will fill in the Saturday afternoon time slot for AFL states