Seven AFL Coverage

Okay… So most likely the latter?

I would assume the only reason it would be airing is because someone is funding the costs.

2 Likes

As much as I love the SCG and footy is much better there now (as opposed to ANZ Stadium)…

I’ve always hated that studio/camera angle over the years!

Isn’t it on the roof or something?

For pre-match and post-match, they were in another location of the ground, so they could use the desk

Given the commentary box for Football is a 7 floor job (and the lifts can be unreliable) it would be too hard for those involved in half time to race downstairs and back in time.

2 Likes

Given Dennis Cometti is retiring at the end of this year & 2017 also marks the start of the new 6 year broadcast deal. Who will replace him??

I say replace the whole team :smiley:

But seriously… Tim Lane? Maybe they’ll just use Bruce/BT/Hamish more?

How does someone retire at the end of 2016 and 2017? Is he going to do a John Farnham?

Did you even read the sentence?

“…& 2017 marks the start of the new broadcast deal”.

Both were seperate.

2 Likes

I did read it. It was hard to understand. They weren’t that seperate as they were in the same sentences. Using a connective word such as and should add to the sentence not add a new topic. So I assumed you were still talking about Dennis Cometti. I understand what you are saying now.

2 Likes

Does anyone remember who was in Seven’s AFL team, btw 2007 & 2011?

In particular prior to Matthew Richardson & Tom Harley joining in 2010?

I think it was Schwarz & Johnston?

Bruce McAvaney, Dennis Cometti, Tim Watson and Leigh Matthews were Seven’s AFL team back in 2007.

Rebecca Maddern had provided voiceover for what’s coming up during Saturday night coverage for the past season. Now that she has joined the AFL Footy Show, who is going to replace her?

2007 team was bruce, dennis, david shwartz, tim watson and rick olerenshaw. Leigh matthews, nathan buckley and then tom harley were also all added to the team

1 Like

One guess…

Basil.

:confused:

Bad memories. :mask:

2 Likes

Indeed!

1 Like

This Week in AFL on Seven: Round 2

Grand Final replay, traditional rivals Magpies-Tigers clash, Bulldogs-Saints co-tenant battle and a Showdown on Channel 7 and 7mate

Traditional rivals Collingwood and Richmond clash in front of a huge MCG crowd, as the Magpies look to bounce back after a disastrous Round 1 loss to Sydney.

New Magpie recruit Adam Treloar added some spice to this contest in the pre-season when he rated the Magpie list better than Richmond. We caught up with him during the week ahead of his first ever Friday night game. Matthew Richardson also tells us about recovering from the same footy injury Dane Swan has suffered. And the Friday Front Bar makes its debut on Seven’s Friday Night Football with Mick Molloy, Andy Maher and Sam Pang.

Saturday Night Footy sees the rampaging Bulldogs battle co-tenants St Kilda at Etihad Stadium. St Kilda super star Nick Riewoldt celebrates his 300th game and will be mic’d up during the night. We hear special tributes from players and coaches from around the league, including a cross to Ross Lyon and Nick’s cousin Jack Riewoldt joins us live. We also start a series of inner sanctum access with the Bulldogs, as we take a look at the special moment Marcus Adams found out he was making his AFL debut.

It’s the Grand Final Replay from the MCG on Sunday Football as the undermanned Hawks take on last year’s runners-up West Coast. Hawks sharpshooter Jack Gunston talks to us about his game and his role as a key forward without super star Jarryd Roughead And we also go fishing with Eagles megastar ruckman Nic Naitanui.

Saturday Arvo Footy is set for another epic Showdown as the Power do battle with the Crows. At half time we go golfing with Crows coach and scratch marker Don Pyke. We also catch up with legendary Power bootstudder Alfie Trebilock, a club veteran of 45 years.

How has Adelaide got both Fremantle V Gold Coast and Bulldogs V St Kilda? One is on seven the other on 7mate. Surely not correct.

I am guessing that the Gold Coast one should be Brisbane. The official Adelaide Guide for 7Mate does not have any AFL.

Also there is another error on that schedule above. For Sunday game between Hawks and Eagles its meant to be live on 7 into WA not 7mate

Also Game Day is shown on Seven into WA at 10am.
First time under the current broadcast deal that a Saturday afternoon match is live against the gate in SA. Previously any Saturday afternoon match at AAMI Stadium or Adelaide Oval was shown on delay on Seven but live on pay TV.

Showdown games are always (as from the current agreement) shown live in SA. The backlash Seven & the AFL would get for not doing so would be massive

1 Like