Seven AFL Coverage

Of course, Freddie Mercury, one of the best if not the, how could I forget! :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

It’s literally for a good cause, I think Fox will show some leeway and allow their personnel to participate. Not that they would turn down the publicity that comes from it either.

5 Likes

It’s also heavily promoted on AFL 360 etc

4 Likes

Not to mention Fox also shows the actual Big Freeze event on the day.

3 Likes

I think they’re revealing the next slider too, probably an interview with said person as well.

1 Like

I think that a slider will be revealed each day (on Seven/Fox Footy and via social media) until Sunday.

2 Likes

I wonder if they’ll reveal one during one of the cricket telecasts and cross-promote the AFL and vice-versa throughout the next week? Also probably on The Front Bar? During Seven News again? Would they announce one on BH&G (a special Tuesday ep this week)? They’ve already announced Gelmi, wonder if Daniher will select anyone else from their network stable?

1 Like

Better Homes And Gardens? They may as well reveal one on The Chase.

Have a Chaser go sliding… I vote for the Governess.

5 Likes

C’mon, Dr Harry could dress up in a Lion costume or something :joy:

ICYMI: 4 of the 5 mainland capital cities get an unprecedented 6 games on FTA this round (all markets outside Victoria - also excluding Tassie and NT). That’s every match bar two shown in those areas! Foxtel won’t be too happy…

Usually you’d see one or two Seven-produced matches dropped when there’s a day time Sat/Sun Fox Sports simulcast with a local team(s) in a given market(s), however this time every market will receive (e.g.) Saturday night’s Frem v Rich, Sunday night’s Ess v Car and Monday’s Melb v Coll. Very surprising, especially the former two games. Must be intricately worked out within the broadcast deal, also to do with the bye rounds (still one this round but only two - Gold Coast and Geel = one game) and why (e.g.) Melbourne has missed a number of Sunday FTA games this year, plus no Thursday games since R5.

Also, AFL for Melbourne and Adelaide on main channel, while cricket elsewhere. And cricket on 7mate in Melbourne and Adelaide, while AFL elsewhere. AFL Post Games reduced to 20min on Friday and 30min on Sunday then into cricket (or for 7mate Armchair Experts or a movie) and none on Thursday with Front Bar in lieu (also live specially and rare in 7mate markets). Seven News in Adelaide reduced some nights due to contractual AFL start times or over-lapping/successive matches, however moved to 7mate once again on Saturday for last hour of Crows game due to 6pm news - these possibly impacts channel availability due to Seven’s Saturday night Pre Game show on 7mate usually and cricket starting 7pm est with cst time zone difference? @TV.Cynic

3 Likes
5 Likes

7 will produce 5 matches this round & they will be without Brayshaw. I wonder who steps up for Friday Night and also who does Thursday & Sunday nights matches.

I think Thursday could be Hamish & Nicholson as they have done 2 Thursday night games this year & also done other games together but will 7 have Hamish doing 3 matches?

Sunday will most likely have Bennett but not sure he partners since I’m not sure if BT will do 3 matches.

I’m assuming the others will remain the same:
•Saturday Night: Hamish & Darcy
•Monday: BT & Hamish (they did queen’s birthday in 2022)

1 Like

The FightMND website says the eighth slider for Big Freeze 9 will be revealed on KIIS 101.1 at 8am AEST on Thursday (June 8). I think it could be either Jase Hawkins, Lauren Phillips or Clint Stanaway.

UPDATE 8/6: the announcement was not made until 8.15am. It is cricketer Aaron Finch.

3 Likes

According to Herald Sun’s Scott Gullan, Hamish will pair with BT for at least the Round 13 game between Western Bulldogs and Port Adelaide on Friday.

3 Likes

Will be interesting because I assume Hamish & BT would do King’s Birthday as normal. Maybe both of them will do 3 games this round.

Thursday: Nicholson & ?
Friday: Hamish & BT
Saturday: Hamish & Darcy (normal)
Sunday: Bennett & BT (normal) or Bennett & Darcy (normal)
Monday: Hamish & BT (normal)

1 Like
2 Likes

Perth gets 6 games this week

5 Likes

It’s Nicholson and Hamish tonight.

3 Likes

That probably means, Hamish won’t do Saturday night otherwise he will be doing 4 out of 5 matches

1 Like

The transition between the Post-Game coverage and the start of The Front Bar tonight was very well done, I actually quite like TFB airing after a match instead of the day before, the summary of the awful first quarter from the boys was brilliant.

6 Likes

Similar to the transition between coverage and Bounce/On the Couch? Smooth and seamless?