Seven AFL Coverage

I assume a rotating pool will replace her on Cats games?

She has done Melbourne AFL games in the past when she was Melbourne AFLW captain.

1 Like

Yeah but she wasn’t a coach. She’ll be unable to call them as she’ll be working.

How about Gold Coast? It is a VIC-NSW-QLD competition afterall

We’ve already been over this. They don’t broadcast the VFL outside Victoria, thus aren’t going to show non-Vic sides.

4 Likes

according to this

Thursday: Pbp is McLachlan (same as 2022) + assuming Bennett, it was his main role in 2022
Friday: Pbp is BT + JB (same as 2022)
Saturday: Pbp is McLachlan + Darcy (same as 2022)
Sunday: Pbp is BT same as most of 2022) + Bennett (new to 2023)

1 Like

Bennett could be replaced/rotated with Alister Nicholson?

2 Likes

McLachlan, Bennett & Pearce are part of the commentary team for the new AFL game along with Hudson, Harford & Underwood from Fox

5 Likes

“the orange team” making a cameo I hope

4 Likes

(NSW QLD Version).

7 Likes

not Wa version - eagles saturday and freo sunday
plus Thursday,Friday and Saturday night games.’5 games live and free on 7

1 Like

Sam McClure confirmed on 3AW on Friday that Jimmy Bartel would be a panellist on Nine’s Footy Classified on Wednesday nights. Seven is expected to unveil its 2023 commentary team this week or next week, and we will find out if Jimmy remains a member of the team.

4 Likes

Highly doubt he’d be on both 9 and 7.

6 Likes

Must have got offered a better contract, McClure also left Seven (Talking Footy and Footy Central) for Nine too.

On another but not dissimilar note, Seven continue to be criticised as official rights holders for not investing better in their other programming, with TFB really the only proper show and that’s a light/non-analytical one anyway.

By whom?

There was a latest story by Jackie Epstein I think in the Sun, her and the likes of Fiona Byrne are often writing about it and Nine’s by comparison large offering of shows, I’ll try and get a link

update

A quick search turned up this latest one:
https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/channel-7-will-not-bring-back-talking-footy-or-game-day-for-2023-season/news-story/8a673d5e4a52e7f65af5cb1d850075de

1 Like

So a competitor criticising a business decision, must read stuff that!.

1 Like

They have already revealed most of the regular callers. It’s just about who are the wide range of analysts and other part time callers that will be part of their broadcast

1 Like

Abbey Holmes will miss the opening weeks of the 2023 AFL season, after being named as a contestant in the new season of SAS Australia. It will be filming soon in the Middle East.

4 Likes

She was also on 10’s Survivor a few of years ago (also while on the books for Seven) and IIRC had to go MIA from their AFL for a bit

1 Like