Seven AFL Coverage

And with Fox Footy having HD shots of a studio and not allowed to broadcast the game and none of the online streaming available, there will be no chance to watch in HD in Tas and many other regions of Australia.

1 Like

AFR are reporting 30sec TV commercials could exceed $100,000 a pop, for Seven’s AFL Grand Final.

Also on the back of the highest ratings since the 2007 Finals Series, with some records broken, including Foxtel.

Seven West Media chief revenue officer says “my phones are ringing hot”.

AFR report nearly all quota/slots are filled. Mainly by Seven’s AFL sponsors anyway.

STORY:
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/afl-nrl-grand-finals-fever-delivers-networks-an-ad-bonanza/news-story/c089c935bfc49b3c772aa8156d5f1d8d

The AFL GF is being simulcast in Sydney and Brisbane on 3 channels (7, 70 and 73) so that will mean regional NSW and Qld will get the HD coverage as well. Not so in AFL areas though.

1 Like

Was thinking about Cometti since it is his last game, was thinking about in 2001 when the famous game were the Bombers came back against the Roos, he was doing the West Coast/??? game at Subiaco i remember before the start of one quarter he said something to the effect of “we will be showing you highlights of that game following the action here in Perth” then he said as only he could: “and to be honest, if you do see the score, you won’t believe us anyway” That was one of the few times they actually gave a clue of what was going on in the replay game that followed a live interstate game in those days(before FOX showed every game live)

2 Likes

How many has phones has Kurt got?? If the phones were really ringing non-stop Seven would have sold all the slots before now, wouldn’t they?

1 Like

They probably were nearly full, but I think he was meaning since Saturday night’s nail biter / ridiculous ratings occured?

I mean, whichever way you look at at, Saturday is going to be MASSIVE for Seven, I’d say more likely a ratings record for an AFL/NRL game.

Not just sales revenue, but I bet the PR / press releases are being made already :wink:

1 Like

Obviously it all depends on the game itself but I think it will be a close one and will be a ratings record also. But as previously stated if Sydney come out of the blocks in the first quarter and lead by 7 goals at quarter time I think it will be reminiscent of figures from 2007. I think with the Bulldogs being quite young it could quite easily be a washout.

1 Like

Wow just found this on Youtube.

2 Likes

Let’s hope not.

We’ve been dying for a great Grand Final for 4 years, not seen since 2012 (when Sydney beat Hawthorn).

Looking at both teams over the finals & the finals series in general, I hope we see something similar on Saturday :slight_smile:

1 Like

The 7 app is streaming Border Patrol type shows on both 7 and 7mate at present… are they not allowed to stream the Brownlow because of the Fox Footy simulcast?

1 Like

The Brownlow Medal is a fashion show? Seems like it is.

1 Like

The first 45 minutes is, its a red carpet thing like the Oscars, Logies etc do. The actual Count starts around 8.15pm AEST.

Does that during any AFL broadcast. They don’t have streaming rights 7, that goes to Telstra.

1 Like

I like Seven’s idea of having celebrities and sportspeople who are AFL fans, to introduce highlights of each round for the Brownlow Medal count. At least that’s something different.
In case you have missed, the full list of celebrities and their favourite teams is:
Round 1: Guy Pearce (Geelong)
Round 2: Charlie Pickering (Essendon)
Round 3: Joe Ingles (Hawthorn)
Round 4: Lleyton Hewitt (Adelaide)
Round 5: Alisa Camplin (Collingwood, current Magpies board member)
Round 6: Thanasi Kokkinakis (Port Adelaide)
Round 7: Tim Rogers (North Melbourne)
Round 8: Damien Oliver (West Coast)
Round 9: Ian “Molly” Meldrum (St Kilda)
Round 10: Steve Hooker (Carlton)
Round 11: Stephanie Gilmore (Geelong)
Round 12: Patty Mills (Adelaide)
Round 13: Mick Molloy (Richmond)
Round 14: Matthew Dellavedova (Collingwood)
Round 15: Merv Hughes (Western Bulldogs)
Round 16: Lynne McGranger (Sydney)
Round 17: Guy Sebastian (Adelaide)
Round 18: Melissa Doyle (GWS)
Round 19: Kav Temperley, Eskimo Joe (Fremantle)
Round 20: Mack Horton (Melbourne)
Round 21: Emily Seebohm (Brisbane Lions)
Round 22: Peter Siddle (North Melbourne)

Surprised to see 3AW journalist Sam McClure on Talking Footy tonight. First time I get to see his face.

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure he has been on either Talking Footy or AFL Game Day before earlier this year.

I’m pretty sure he’s been a regular on Talking Footy all year.

5 Likes

Who is that. Port actually have a lot of well known celebrities who support Port they could have gotten. Hugh Sheridan, Teressa Palmer, Kyle Chalmbers

Thanasi is an Australian tennis player. Hugh Sheridan has just filmed House Husbands on Nine, so obviously Seven would not ask him to introduce the highlights reel.

1 Like

I looked him up. Haha never heard of him. They should have just asked me.

[quote=“JohnsonTV, post:742, topic:376, full:true”]Surprised to see 3AW journalist Sam McClure on Talking Footy tonight. First time I get to see his face.[/quote]He’s been a regular on TF this season. He’s been a great addition to the show this year.

Haven’t been watching the count round by round tonight, so thanks for putting them up btw.

Melissa Doyle was a given for GWS. Seriously, would there be anyone else out their? And no-one for GC? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like