Seven AFL Coverage

Yeah, Í’ve lost interest in it the last few years. All about the bogan wives and partners dressing up; yawn.

2 Likes

She also tossed the coin before Saturday’s preliminary final against the Bulldogs. Overseas viewers watching the telecast could be wondering “who the hell is she?”

1 Like

I know they won’t but Seven should drop the Brownlow Red Carpet and just start the count at 7.30. How many would really be that interested in watching it?

In previous years Nine haven’t shown the Red Carpet for the Allan Border have they? I’m pretty sure they haven’t.

It rates very highly as presumably women who don’t care for the football content tune in for the fashion? Plus it boosts the overall primetime network share as the winner announcement is around 11pm AEST.

I dare say that any overseas viewers (who aren’t Australian) would be wondering that about the game itself…

2 Likes

Mark Waugh is a GWS supporter (as shown with Kevin Sheedy at Spotless Stadium on Saturday night) :+1:

Also I enjoyed the Brownlow Medal, it became surprisingly tight with Sydney’s Luke Parker & Richmond’s Dustin Martin.

But in the end, it was always going to go to Patrick Dangerfield :clap:

Is the Grand Final in HD nationwide?

By that I mean on 7HD in Melbourne & Adelaide, 7mate HD in Brisbane, Sydney and Perth.

And in Southern Cross TAS, NT and GWN/Prime7 areas - it will be on 7mate in HD?

[quote=“parano1a, post:752, topic:376, full:true”]
It rates very highly as presumably women who don’t care for the football content tune in for the fashion? Plus it boosts the overall primetime network share as the winner announcement is around 11pm AEST.[/quote]…or is it just like many people I talk to or know, as they just put it on in the background waiting for the actual count to start? Either way, not quite sure why anyone would want to watch it for the fashion (maybe they’re watching it for something else :wink:). As I tend read from many people in numerous places this time every year over the years with this line: “the usual parade of bimbos on display wearing tacky outfits”.

[quote=“KICK-IT, post:755, topic:376, full:true”]
And in Southern Cross TAS, NT and GWN/Prime7 areas - it will be on 7mate in HD?[/quote]As I mentioned in another thread, It appears Southern Cross aren’t airing the GF on 7mate this year. Only the post-match celebrations at 6pm will air on there or some reason.

No - no HD in “regional” AFL areas, unless Prime does something themselves.

Could you imagine them introducing someone on TV whose name is “Turdall”?

I mean, REALLY?

But don’t all GWN7 and Prime7 broadcast areas run 7mate as their HD channel?

And Seven is sending the AFL Final out on 7mateHD, no?

It was Steve Waugh not mark… Hehehehe. Same same but different. :joy:

1 Like

In Melbourne and Adelaide the AFL is only on 7 and 7HD with different programs on 7Mate.

Yes, but no reason prime7, gwn7 and southern cross7 can’t take the NSW/QLD feed of 7mate

AFL is massive in regional sa wa tas and vic right?

Prime gwn and SC should have worked with seven to take the NSW feed of 7mate for grand final to have it in HD

It fact it’s really obnoxious they haven’t done this for their audience

3 Likes

Bas said at the end of sport perth viewers will be able to watch the gf in hd on 70 mate

###Grand Final Special: Bulldogs Road to Glory on Seven

Bulldogs champion Luke Darcy and a host of AFL stars including fan favourite Bob Murphywill come together Friday 8.30pm for a special one hour footy celebration, Bulldogs Road to Glory, as they prepare to break their 62-year premiership drought.

Western Bulldogs club great Tony Liberatore, cult hero Danny Southern, president Peter Gordon and 1960 Brownlow medallist John Schultz will join Darcy to talk about the club’s astonishing Cinderella run to the 2016 AFL Grand Final, the groundswell of support and outpouring of emotion from all fans.

Australian cricket great and Bulldogs tragic Merv Hughes will bring some fun as he talks about his love for Footscray and the proud, working class club he’s followed since childhood.

A special episode of Friday Front Bar will follow as Mick Molloy, Andy Maher and Sam Pang are joined by Dennis Cometti, Neil Balme, Lehmo, Tadgh Kennelly and more.

Earlier in the night on 7mate, classic, award winning AFL documentary, Year of the Dogs, will also take us back to Footscray’s season of 1996. It was an emotional and turbulent year that saw the coach under fire, financial difficulties, serious health issues and the last playing days of their veteran star Tony Liberatore.

Friday’s big day of footy celebration begins on 7mate with a replay of the two Preliminary Finals, while later fans can enjoy an encore of The Final Draw, a compelling look at the 2010 drawn Grand Final, before settling in for the Grand Final Marathon.

###Friday September 30
Grand Final Special: Bulldogs Road to Glory
Melbourne 8.30pm on Channel 7
Adelaide 8.30pm on Channel 7
Perth 8.30pm on 7mate
Sydney 8.30pm on 7mate
Brisbane 8.30pm on 7mate

Friday Front Bar
Melbourne 9.30pm on Channel 7
Adelaide 9.30pm on Channel 7
Perth 9.30pm on 7mate
Sydney 9.30pm on 7mate
Brisbane 9.30pm on 7mate

Year of the Dogs
Melbourne 6.30pm on 7mate
Adelaide 6.30pm on 7mate
Perth 6.30pm on 7mate

Replay of 2016 AFL Preliminary Finals Geelong v Sydney
Melbourne 1.15pm on 7mate
Adelaide 1.15pm on 7mate
Perth 1.15pm on 7mate
Sydney 1.15pm on 7mate
Brisbane 1.15pm on 7mate

GWS Giants v Western Bulldogs
Melbourne 3.45pm on 7mate
Adelaide 3.45pm on 7mate
Perth 3.45pm on 7mate
Sydney 3.45pm on 7mate
Brisbane 3.45pm on 7mate

The Final Draw (encore)
Melbourne 11pm on Channel 7
Perth 11pm on 7mate
Sydney 11pm on 7mate
Brisbane 11pm on 7mate

Inside – The Story of Port Adelaide
Adelaide 11pm on Channel 7

AFL Grand Final Marathon
Melbourne 12am on Channel 7
Adelaide 12am on 7mate
Perth 12am on 7mate
Sydney 12am on 7mate
Brisbane 12am on 7mate

2 Likes

Oh lucky us being able to see the Grand Final in HD, in the year 2016.

1 Like

I won’t be needing to rely on TV coverage this year, I actually scored a ticket to the game itself!

4 Likes

Anyone have a full schedule of Ch 7’s coverage? @TV.Cynic

FRIDAY:

I know there’s a big line-up on 7Mate.

On main channel there’s now the Bulldog’s special doco, followed by Friday Front Bar.

SATURDAY:

What’s the line-up? From Weekend Sunrise to 6pm?

There are plenty of TV guides available online

3 Likes