Seven AFL Coverage

Technically yes. But the Grand Final finishes around 5.20pm

I normally too drunk, passed out or depressed (2007) to know what airs after.

2 Likes

I thought that Seven Sydney usually runs normal Saturday 5.30pm programing (Sydney Weekender or more recently, a Border Security repeat) on AFL Grand Final day as a lead-in to the news, but of course I could be wrong…

I’m certain Seven airs the full post game presentation nationally, which runs until 6pm AEST. It’s Nine that are notorious for cutting to a movie seconds after the final siren goes in the NRL Grand Final.

3 Likes

Last year’s Seven schedule for Sydney shows the AFL GF leading straight into 7 News.

The numbers looked like this

1 Like

I thought that Seven had done that back when the second game of doubleheaders started at 3.20pm in the 90s

When Seven had the doubleheaders in the 1990s, it never showed the 3.20pm game into Sydney. The early game broadcast finished at 3.30pm, before either joining the second half of the 2.10pm Melbourne game, or going to repeat programs such as Get Smart.

I thought there were a few SCG games that started at 3.20pm, but you’re right-I don’t think they’d want to put the late game against Nine’s NRL replay. However they may have shown the second game in regional NSW-maybe the same thing in QLD.

I didn’t realize that Seven used to show second half of Melbourne games back then-but it made sense in Sydney, since they only would be going up against the NRL between 4-5pm. Did they join the second half of the 2.10pm Melbourne game in Victoria too or was that just a Sydney thing?

It was only for Sydney and Brisbane.

The cast of We Will Rock You musical did the opener for tonight’s elimination final. Interesting move given the musical will not go to Adelaide or Perth “due to unforeseen circumstances”, so tonight was the only chance for Adelaide and Perth viewers to see them perform.
Peter Bell joins the pre-match panel tonight.
Dennis Cometti will be special guest on AFL Game Day this Sunday to reflect on his 40-year media career.

1 Like

I’ve been lucky enough to see this a few years ago. If you ever get a chance go see it!

Well, I didn’t expect it to be quite as high…

Seven killed the ratings/shares last night :fearful:

(Thanks to the ripper AFL final).

2 Likes

I just hate the look of ANZ Stadium. The SCG is just so iconic. Would have been a much better ground for a finals match.

2 Likes

No Hd logo?

7HD (Ch 70) Melbourne had it as usual?

Sometimes regionals (Prime7/7 Local/SCTV/GWN7) don’t bother.

But the got over 60,000 & was a massive game.

So wasn’t it justified?

But I 100% agree otherwise.

Yeah true. I am hearing mumours that GWS will play at Spotless the week after. That will be against the Bulldogs or Hawthorn. It only hold 24,000.

2 Likes

Basil Zempilas presenting Footy Central from the empty news department at Martin Place in Sydney after calling the Sydney v GWS final at Homebush.

1 Like

The suburb is actually Sydney Olympic Park, not Homebush. And it never has been Homebush, it used to be Homebush Bay. The suburb of Homebush is east of Homebush Bay Drive. Annoying that Seven, Nine, radio and newspapers continually get this wrong after 17 years.

5 Likes