Seven AFL Coverage

Is the FOX feed to 7 Adelaide and 7 Perth in native HD, or is it upscaled SD?

Not sure, but 7mate is still in HD in Regional SA’s South East/Riverland areas & last Sunday’s Adelaide v Gold Coast delayed coverage on 7mate was definitely upscaled SD.

2 Likes

I know that the Fremantle v Western Bulldog match will be on 7mate but this time will be upscaled to HD on CH70. This was the case with COllingwood v West Coast 3 weeks ago where the 7mate was simulcast on CH70.

3 Likes

What about The Simpsons and Family Guy? Would you have put them on the main channel instead for one night only? Better to have a major sporting event in HD

1 Like

Yet they still won the night nationally by a comfortable margin.

4 Likes

I don’t know what the situation is like in either market but with the promo airing on Seven Sydney for Saturday night’s Swans vs Giants match including the 7HD logo, you’d hope the game will be in native HD even though it’s being produced by Fox Footy.

Probably a couple of movies, which is what Seven airs in NSW & Queensland on most Friday (after BH&G anyway) and Saturday nights.

Would Melbournians say that if today’s ANZAC Day NRL match against two Sydney teams aired on Nine’s main channel? I’m going to guess no, so the same should apply to Seven Sydney airing an AFL match featuring two Melbourne teams.

Multichannel coverage is fine in such instances IMO.

2 Likes

And this was case for Nine’s Anzac Day NRL coverage in Perth. In 2016, Channel 9 Perth decided to shift onto primary channel in HD. That was repeated in 2017. Unfortunately the ratings on the primary channel was very soft so 9 perth decided to revert the telecast back to 9Gem! Because there’s limited appeal in Rugby League in Perth. This saw the channel 9 get outrated by Seven, ABC, and TEN in Perth.
2. a normal rugby league game will be played in Adelaide in July. I wouldn’t say that this match be moved to HD on nine in Adelaide or else this will without a doubt get beaten by Seven, ABC, TEN and even SBS in Adelaide.

1 Like

I don’t think Melburnians would have cared, as half a million in the city were watching the other channel with Essendon and Collingwood anyway

6 Likes

Seven have 5 games this round. I thought they would have at least lost Sunday arvo in lieu of Anzac Day or Anzac Day Eve.

They lost Sunday arvo last round in lieu of Easter Monday.

3 Likes

It’s great so many games are on FTA and some of those involving teams not regularly featured on FTA.

I still find it amazing 7 have the battle of the bridge on FTA tv yet showdowns and derbies are hardly ever on nationally.

2 Likes

Fremantle v Western Bulldogs is the national broadcast game tonight. Sydney v GWS is on FTA in NSW only.

1 Like

Sorry I assumed it was the 7 game as they normally take the earlier game.

Absolutely

3 Likes

Xavier Ellis apparently on the boundary tonight, haven’t heard him say a word yet though.

Edit: Has now been on.

2 Likes

Swans vs Giants was in native HD on Seven Sydney tonight, despite being a FOX Footy broadcast.

3 Likes

He was also on The Kick earlier.

2 Likes

Tonight’s telecast finished at midnight (well, 11:58pm AEST)! The latest it can possibly be.

3 Likes

Nigel Carmody calling with BT in today’s Hawthorn vs Carlton game in Launceston.

1 Like

Who will be commentators in July/August when Bruce is away for the Olympics

Next year?