Seven AFL Coverage

For those asking, commentary lineups for this week are

TONIGHT (Thursday): Bruce, Brayshaw, Richardson, Hodge, Bartel
FRIDAY: Usual FNF team except for Pearce on the boundary instead of Richo
SATURDAY AFTERNOON: McLaughlin, Zempilas, Ling, Bolton
SATURDAY NIGHT: Usual Saturday Night team except replace Ling with Bell on the boundary as it’s a Perth game

1 Like

You mean McLachlan as in Hamish McLachlan? Mel McLaughlin will do normal Seven News Saturday in the Sydney Studios.

Interesting choice of Brayshaw on Thursday instead of McLachlan or BT

BT is doing it on MMM with Mark Howard.

So is this confirmed? If so, where from?

Does he need to provide a source? Can’t you just trust him and take him on face value like eveyone else here. Insightful info I wouldn’t have otherwise known. Thank you @stmookeyj027

Basil is doing game on Saturday in Sydney he said on 7 news last night

Good info, if it is correct, so a source would be nice. Is that acceptable or do I need to believe everything I read?

Even if he used a ‘process of elimination’ or remakebly ‘educated guess’ I’d still appreciate it, as I honestly usually never have a clue until the broadcast.

Bruce McAvaney, Luke Hodge and Jimmy Bartel hosting pre-match coverage at the Ponsford Stand (close to the giant screen) despite the heavy rain falling at the MCG right now.

Sorry, clearly the historian in me that only wants to deal with facts. That’s why I asked for a source. Enjoy your night.

That’s alright, no worries at all, all good :slightly_smiling_face:

20th Century Fox have come on board as a sponsor for Seven’s AFL Finals (“The Predator”).

Of which the trailer has been on all networks so far. However I wonder if they are sponsoring at least tonight’s final or this week, because Seven have a content supply deal with them already, plus have been airing the Predator movies on 7mate recent Mondays.

Gosh I know a lot love Bruce in here but I feel he throws around precious way too often.

1 Like

He is loosing weight by the looks of him?

Before tonight’s Melbourne-Geelong elimination final, the AFL revealed the fixture for next week’s semi-finals.
1st semi final: Hawthorn v Melbourne
(MCG, Friday September 14, 7.50pm AEST)
2nd semi final: the loser of the second qualifying final (West Coast v Collingwood) v winner of the second elimination final (Sydney v Greater Western Sydney)
(venue and time TBC)

(edited after tonight’s elimination final result)

5 Likes

Truth be told Mel would do a better job than Hamish

And the source was an article by Matt Thompson on the AFL App posted early in the week.

2 Likes

Am I the only one that doesn’t get the hate for Hamish? I think he’s one of their better commentators.

4 Likes

There are worse, not a bad presenter and interviewer but like many commentators often let’s the game take a back seat while he joins in with in jokes, juvenile banter and misses long sections of play, incorrect names and poor statistica/ historical knowledge.

Hamish is alright. Like Frankie said, he does slip into th3 juvenile stuff. Is actually a decent commentator when he wants to be.
Whereas, the other 3 that called that game make my ears bleed. Absolutely horrendous.

1 Like

I think Alex Fasolo shares your sentiment!

https://twitter.com/AlexFasolo/status/1038323414199545856

3 Likes