Seven AFL Coverage

Yeah, the Sydney Derby will deliver a bigger crowd of more than 45000 at the SCG. I do think that the TV ratings for the Sydney Derby will go up (in case if its a very close match) but will be beaten by NRL Finals on Nine by a fraction. Sydney have some appeal in AFL, but most of the time, NRL dominates over AFL for more than 30 years now in terms of ratings and crowd numbers.

What happens when you control one output, but not the other…

A finals promo aired before an ad break (in program) and then the same promo (albeit shorter and localised) aired again at the stary of the ad :roll_eyes:

Didn’t it break an AFL record at the SCG last year, around 60,000 or something?

SCG maximum capacity is 48000.

This match drew fewer than 14 000 people at the Adelaide Oval. This crowd number is very dire due to heavy rain falling in Adelaide.

Honestly, who cares?

It is a made for TV event. Raising men’s health awareness is the important thing. Was a great match, great entertainment. Apart from rain, maybe Adelaide just aren’t into it as much as Melbourne? Etihad under roof always worked well I thought, was surprised to see it at Adelaide Oval tbh.

Sorry, think I got muddled with ANZ Stadium (there was also Sydney v GWS final in 2016 and it got 60,000 just I think, which was still under 70,000+ AFL record in Sydney set back with Collingwood 13 years prior to that).

Was a record last year though, over 46,000: http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2017-09-10/packed-house-makes-history

1 Like

From what I recall Port Melbourne has a dedicated box (an old coaches Box) for broadcasting and most of the other grounds have undercover areas to broadcast from.

Also heard they are going to also telecast the Colts GF played before the WAFL GF (I would think on Mate).

Melbourne AFLW captain and Seven commentator Daisy Pearce revealed yesterday that she is pregnant with twins. They are due in March next year.

She will miss the 2019 AFLW season but should continue to be part of Seven’s commentary team during the men’s season.

4 Likes

Also heard they are going to also telecast the Colts GF played before the WAFL GF (I would think on Mate).

Is that for Perth/WA only?

VFL finished at 10:08pm in Melbourne tonight, minimal post game and was over time anyway due to earlier major lighting malfunction (usually VFL is in line with EPG).

Eddie McGuire doing special comments on Seven’s telecast of the Collingwood v Essendon VFL Elimination Final today…

Actually he was doing an interview in his role as Collingwood President. Jason Bennett asked him to call some of the play, but he stayed silent as doing so would likely breach his Foxtel contract.

2 Likes

VFL, WAFL and SANFL finals telecasts are available nationally on 7plus.

From what I understand yes.

1 Like

Yesterday it had Sydney/gws not shown in Perth
Eagles /Collingwood was down for mate

Why is The Kick not shown in WA this Saturday before the Eagles-Pies game? WA will instead get 50 minutes of news while other AFL states will have half hour of news and then The Kick.

The Kick is on mate in Perth

The Kick should be on main channel in Perth. It’s only 20 minutes long this Saturday. Why is the news more important than a preview show?

Don;t watch if often myself, but is The Kick an actual preview show or more Before the Game style? I’d probably opt for news myself.

I think the AFL broadcast guide is misguided (no pun intended), as it’s already been confirmed elsewhere and other guides that West Coast vs Collingwood is main channel in Perth.

It’s the news.

6 Likes

And it’s only a preview show