Seven AFL Coverage

You would think Seven could have come up with something different this year instead of the “we just love the footy” line again.

1 Like

James Brayshaw is returning to Channel 7 for the AFL.

IMO, he just talks so loud…

4 Likes

Sure it’s an improvement on Zempilas (who’ll basically do the Perth games and not many others) but Stephen Hawking would have been an improvement on him. He’s worked with Darcy on radio before but not sure if many will see this lineup as any more listenable as the past couple of Saturday Night teams.

2 Likes

I wonder how that will work now that JB is in the fold. I’d say that for Saturday nights, that JB would be “host” instead of Darcy.

I think Basil will host Sunrise here and there plus other sports commitments.

Probably only commentate perth games.

Good to see JB back calling afl on TV and maybe some Sunday games too !

Also would provide Seven with an additional commentator for Commonwealth Games if needed…

3 Likes

Seven need to release a brand new look and media package, haven’t done it since 2012 (first year as solo FTA broadcaster).

Detailing the exact teams for Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday + other info.

Basil just replaced BT on Saturday nights last year, waste of exposure. Hope Brayshaw is confirmed as the new Saturday caller alongside Luke Darcy.

Good news that this season’s AFLW matches produced by Seven, including the Grand Final will also be streamed live on 7plus. Last year the matches were only available on AFL official app.

2 Likes

I thought you could watch them if you stream the channels of Seven live like you can for any other show through the old 7Live app?

Seven’s AFLW matches were available through Plus7 last year

1 Like

Western Bulldogs player Nicole Callinan is providing special comments for tonight’s AFLW season opener.

James Brayshaw has officially joined Seven’s AFL commentary team for 2018 and will call Saturday night matches.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/fiona-byrne/james-brayshaw-has-only-watched-the-footy-show-once-after-leaving/news-story/e12c790781d483eb1bc860f83438ff99

5 Likes

so is basil back to sunday with Hamish ???

1 Like

I’d say Basil will be used for all matches in Perth and filling-in when required, maybe alternating Sundays, who knows? But he has got a busy year.

Remember Bruce and Hamish will also be unavailable during the Gold Coast Comm Games (April), so Brayshaw and others will be working overtime!

Stretching the memory, but did Bradshaw go to London in 2012 with 9? Seem to recall he did, maybe 7 will utilise him on the Gold Coast.

1 Like

JB could be heading to Japan for the 2020 Summer Games in Tokyo. Nine used him in both Vancouver and London

1 Like

I twitter basil about James Bradshaw doing Saturday Afl, Basil twittered “Still plenty of footy for me this year… and lots of other stuff!!”

2 Likes

I was thinking that JB might reunite with BT while Bruce and Hamish are at Gold Coast Comm Games.

1 Like

The new AFL X format is scheduled for 7Two Thursday 15 Feb to Friday 16 Feb & 7mate Sat 17 Feb.

I wonder if Seven will be producing these broadcasts or just simulcasting a Fox Footy feed?

2 Likes

Not sure about aflx I feel the AFL has missed an opportunity. No real winner of the competition. Should have started it with a real bang instead of a soft launch.