Seven AFL Coverage

Surprised 7 used white for Saints scoreboard when they wore predominantly red

4 Likes

I reckon with the shorts included, there’s more white than red in the Saints outfit.
And as they were the ‘away’ team.

3 Likes

Is that Fox sports US with AFL rights? I did’nt know they had this.

3 Likes

Yep, and it looks like they’re applying the same aspect ratio distorting squeeze they use on NFL games to fit the ticker in. It’s subtle but it drives me batty that everyone becomes just a bit wider than they should.

1 Like

Seven will show the VFL match between Sandringham and Essendon on Sunday.

First SANFL match of the year will be Adelaide v Port Adelaide on 3pm Saturday.

3 Likes

Interesting that this is a curtain raiser to the AFL Showdown which is a Fox production, which I would’ve thought would cause issues with ground access, cameras and such.

Probably also means that 7 Adelaide will have commentators at the ground for the curtain raiser then switch to Fox’s commentary from a studio in Melbourne (actually, I think last time they had Brenton Speed in Sydney, Dermott Brereton in Melbourne and Matthew Pavlich in Perth, which seems ridiculous).

4 Likes

Surely Pav was flown to Melbourne for that one?

1 Like

The last Showdown was the worst one Fox have produced, hopefully this year’s is improved.

2 Likes

Interestingly Bombers get a third Seven broadcast match in a row on Saturday night.

After last year’s dismal season, surprised we didn’t get less tbh…

1 Like

Daisy Pearce has been banned from the change rooms of two teams on game day, due to her other role as Geelong development coach. Last week she was told by Richmond that she could not enter their changerooms, this week it was Brisbane (starting with its match against Western Bulldogs tonight).

3 Likes

That’s this week’s matchup, they played Carlton last week.

1 Like

No they didn’t. Richmond played Adelaide Crows last week while Geelong played Carlton.

• Week 1: Richmond vs. Carlton
  • Week 2: Richmond vs. Adelaide
  • Week 3: Richmond vs. Collingwood
1 Like

Thanks for clearing that up. I have amended my previous post.

1 Like

:man_facepalming: sorry, thanks.

Alister Nicholson and Hamish McLachlan calling tonight, this could be 7’s permanent callers for Thursday since they only announced Hamish in the press releases but in round 1 & 2 it was BT & JB

1 Like

Maybe but again Darcy’s availability around his son’s games will play around with the rostering.

1 Like

this is what I’m thinking.

Permanent line up
Thursday: Nicholson and McLachlan
Friday: BT & Brayshaw
Saturday: McLachlan & Darcy
Sunday: BT & Bennett

if Bulldogs on Saturday on 7 then it changes things around

1 Like

Sam Darcy is not playing tonight.

1 Like

:man_shrugging:

Luke Darcy has always been Saturday night & would probably call another day if it’s a bulldogs game with his son playing

1 Like