Seven AFL Coverage

Who is the other play-by-play commentator tonight with Hamish?

Did he commentate in Melbourne last night or from Qld?

1 Like

Alistair

1 Like

He was in Melbourne

So Thursday in Qld then in Vic for Friday night then back to Qld for Saturday night

1 Like

No wonder why seven are losing money. An absolute waste of money to do this. He should have stayed in queensland with another vic caller calling friday night

1 Like

Don’t think Seven have streaming rights for the Brownlow Medal ceremony. I remember one year a last-minute deal was done to ensure that a stream was available via the AFL app.

1 Like

It isn’t on the app. Every year is gets brought up

1 Like

Luke Darcy is also on holidays hence the reason Alistair Nicholson was called up to call alongside Hamish this evening.

Makes me wonder who Seven will utilise for the Giants vs Hawthorn game tomorrow - if I was a betting man I’d say Jason Bennett and Brian Taylor (unless the former was to be used for its VFLW Grand Final coverage). I doubt they’d make Hamish call four games in a single weekend.

2 Likes

Could get Jo Wotton and Nigel to commentate the VFLWGF

3 Likes

VFLW GF Commentators

Nigel Carmody is hosting/Play by play alongside Jo Wotton with Mel Hickey as special comments. Libby Birch is doing Boundary commentator.

4 Likes

I guess this is what happens when 2 of the 5 permanent/slotted pbp callers go on vacation. They have to use part time Alister & the others have to call more than their usual amount.

Also doesn’t help that this round has 4 games produced by 7 needing 8 pbp callers

3 Likes

They have more than enough callers capable of calling
Brian Taylor
Hamish McLaughlin
Matt Hill
Jason Bennett
Alistair Nicholson
Luke Darcy
Basil Zempilas
Nigel Carmody
Jo Wotton
Mark Soderstrom

3 Likes

Totally agree but only 5 are used as their regular commentary team with Alister Nicholson in a part time capacity

BT & Matt Hill doing pbp commentary for Gaints vs Hawks

5 Likes

AFLW Fixture released. Not all the game starting times in September are confirmed due to AFL final series

4 Likes

Here is a clearer version

North Sydney Oval hosting an Aussie Rules match is very rare.

I also notice that matches will be played in Warrnambool (Reid Oval) and Mildura during the season.

3 Likes

Any broadcast details

According to a release by Carlton, “Three of the Blues’ five away fixtures will be on free-to-air on Channel Seven, in a big win for the Navy Blue faithful, with Round 4 Broadcast details against the Dockers still TBC”

Is it safe to assume 7 would be producing minimum 1 Friday night game, given Carlton has 2 away Friday nights?

2 Likes

I would imagine any games on Thursday (Round 1), Friday or Saturday starting at 7.10pm would be on 7/7mate.

3 Likes

With the T20 World Cup playing at a similar time many cricket venues (such as the SCG and Marvel Stadium) are unavailable.