Seven AFL Coverage

You were 100% correct

1 Like

This was a disappointing oversight by the graphics team. Saints score box should have been white.

Fox game tonight being shown in Sydney and Brisbane.

4 Likes

Interesting it’s on the main channel. Rare for 7 to be doing that into the Sydney market.

6 Likes

They’ve picked a cracking game to do so

2 Likes

Post match coverage ran 42min overtime tonight! That’d be up there with some record for them.

(Milat encore 10:30pm, started 11:12pm with EPG updated live)

Reaffirming:

:roll_eyes: Minority example, but becomes relevant and sucks if you wanted to record Milat (it’s a program many would) and aren’t tech savvy for catch-up (7Plus) which assuming many of its demographic wouldn’t be.

Wish Nine would do that in Melbourne for Storm games!

4 Likes

Sadly, Seven has been doing this for some time now. They should know by now that Friday and Saturday night games are one hour long (at least). At least schedule them for an hour on the guides, rather than 30-45 minutes long.

1 Like

Isn’t there something which states that Seven have to air a certain number of AFL games with the local teams on the main channel in Sydney & Brisbane each year?

Especially since last night’s Lions vs Swans match was from Fox Footy, I doubt Seven are doing this entirely out of the kindness of their heart!

1 Like

In recent times, Seven has aired Swans and Giants games on the main channel in Sydney, but usually at the Saturday and Sunday afternoon games. Not often it airs in primetime. Thursday and Fridays nights are at extreme rarities. Saturday nights are on at the odd occasion at best. This is in Sydney. Not sure how Brisbane operates.

3 Likes

Abbey Gelmi, Heath Shaw and Matthew Richardson hosted the first episode of Sunday Footy Fest today, from NEP Studios in Melbourne, using the same long big screen as last year’s Brownlow Medal ceremony and this week’s AFL season launch special.

2 Likes

I was hoping it was know more Brian full stop. He is insufferable.

1 Like

Interesting that the Seven stations taking the Richmond-West Coast AFLW game (at least in VIC/TAS) crossed back to Sunday Footy Fest at half time and after the match while Fox Footy got the half time and full time coverage from Nigel Carmody and Abbey Holmes at the ground.

4 Likes

hmmm… I guess they are doing SFF anyway, but Fox/AFL might still want a ‘full/proper’ match broadcast for Fox/AFLW Website, etc. but not want to/be able to make it themselves.

Yeah Fox Footy wasn’t airing Sunday Footy Fest prior to this match, and they didn’t do the pre-match, half time and post-match coverage themselves, so I believe Seven had to provide full coverage for the benefit of Fox Footy viewers. However, Footy Play+ on Foxtel Go decided to stream the match directly from Seven with ad breaks and SFF at half time.

1 Like

@TV.Cynic do you have any caps of Sunday Footy Fest?

1 Like

Gws vs Saints match from the Melbourne Studio

2 Likes

As per the broadcast agreement, and as previously done for the AFL competition, any AFLW broadcast by 7 over terrestrial FTA is the mandatory stream for Foxtel. I assume at the end of the 2019-2022 broadcast deal this will change.

3 Likes

This coverage of the St Kilda vs GWS game is hard to listen to. They are just critising the female umpire at every decision she makes. Both free kicks she paid were there. You cannot just push the ruck out of it. And the tackle she paid was dangerous.

Why is the game finishing so late?

1 Like

Very long quarters, heaps of stoppages. Started back at normal time of 3:20pm and full 20min length minimum quarters, after coronavirus last year saw the start at 3:40pm and 16min quarters.

Why are Foxtel still using that Footy Play branding (which is also seen in MS’s OzTam Live VPM ratings), now that there’s no more Live Pass and Kayo can use their own feed for streaming? I must be missing something.

1 Like