Seven AFL Coverage

Scoreboard looking much better tonight with the longer ‘Adelaide Crows’ team name taking up more of the black space.

3 Likes

New addition for this year’s post-match coverage: The Armchair Experts webcast hosted by Adam Cooney and Cameron Luke. It will be broadcast live on 7AFL Twitter and Periscope after the Roaming Brian segment.

1 Like

Womens AFL grand Final played in horrible conditions at IKon Park

1 Like

Decent update to graphics. I like the flipping plus easy to read QT/HT/3QT score graphics.

But tend to agree with the black space comments above, especially with the team logos taking up space making it longer.

4 Likes

Craig willis came back to 7 where he presented voiceovers for sponsor billboards.

1 Like

These two matches are among those which will be shown on at least 3 hour delay in Adelaide and Perth respectively, as part of the current broadcast deal. Interestingly, it is the Suns’ designated home game in Perth due to the Commonwealth Games, but it is included in the Dockers’ delayed FTA games. Also, the Suns-Dockers game will be shown on a four-hour delay (it starts at 2.30pm Perth time) so it won’t clash with Seven News on the main channel.

1 Like

Four hour delay?

That’s insane, that’s a replay, not a delay in my books.
It’s 1980s style programming.

4 Likes

Herald Sun reports Mark Stevens is absent from Channel Seven’s coverage of Friday night post-match press conferences this season due to budget cuts. He has been replaced by Tom Browne.

3 Likes

Here’s some caps of the Seven studio elements from the broadcast last Saturday on Seven Adelaide of the Port Adelaide vs Fremantle game (produced by Fox Sports):

10 Likes

Using the old 7News Melbourne desk that was over there from the Election I see, and backdrops that contain the old 7sport logo…

2 Likes

Would Perth have shown those same Seven Adelaide pre game intros?

Or as I suspect they had their own given they were Adelaide personalities?

Perth just showed the full Fox telecast, including Fox’s Super Saturday with Sarah Jones before the game, at half time and after the game.

1 Like

Do they do the same for the Sunday night telecast?

TVW-7 stopped doing their own pre game, half time and post game years ago. Some of the co hosts included former Dockers players Peter Bell and Scott Watters alongside Basil Zempilas and Adrian Barich. Was recorded from the pre 2010 Today Tonight set at Dianella.

3 Likes

People can watch live on Fox Footy, they are lucky to get a replay on FTA at all. Victorian AFL team fans and NRL fans aren’t guaranteed to be able to watch every one of their team’s games on FTA.

6 Likes

It will be interesting to see the first Seven produced game from Perth’s new stadium this weekend with the Fremantle v Essendon game.

Also, I don’t understand at all why this weekend’s what I assume to be Seven produced Sunday afternoon game between the Western Bulldogs and West Coast Eagles is being shown on a 3 hour time delay and on the main channel at 4:00 PM in the afternoon in Perth, causing the news to again be shown late at 7:00 and delay the primetime schedule. Are Seven out of their mind?? What are they expecting people do, watch the match on delay leading into primetime when many people would already know the result and perhaps cause people to switch over to Nine news at 6:00 instead. Normally, Seven always show games they produce live into markets that actually see the game at all, I thought. It’s only Fox telecasts of games involving local teams that they delay. I hope this doesn’t become a trend, having the news at 7:00 and delaying the primetime schedule in Perth too often this season. I’m assuming it might just be an Easter Sunday thing because there is nothing else of interest on Seven besides Sunday Night on Easter Sunday anyway…

They did this last year as well. There was a reason. I can’t remember what that reason was. It is ridiculous I agree.

Edit: No I am thinking Saturday afternoon games being delayed not Sunday games. Could it be the fact that seven are only meant to show 3-4 live games a week? This year they have Thursday night, Friday, Saturday night and Monday?

2 Likes

its a part of the AFL rights, where 7 has to show 3 Eagles + 3 Dockers on replay. I guess 7 decided to choose that game to be on replay. Fox has the rights to broadcast 3 Eagles games exclusively into WA, as well as 3 Dockers games.

4 Likes

Wasn’t that just for Foxel produced games though?

No clue as I don’t follow the sport.
I found this on the AFL website:

Market Specifics:
Premiership Season only
• All 42 matches involving West Coast Eagles and Fremantle broadcast on free-to-air television, either live or on delay
• All Friday night matches live on free-to-air television and live on Fox Sports and Foxtel
• Three Saturday afternoon matches played. All matches shown live on Fox Sports and Foxtel. Match shown live on free-to-air television at 11.30am if a Western Australian team is playing in Game 2, or 12.00pm if a Western Australian team is playing in Game 3, or 2.30pm if a Western Australian team is playing in Game 4
• Two Saturday night matches played. Both matches shown live on Fox Sports and Foxtel. One match shown live on free-to-air television
• Three Sunday matches played. All matches to be shown live on Fox Sports and Foxtel. Match shown live on free-to-air television at 11.00am if a Western Australian team is playing in Game 7, or 1.00pm if a Western Australian team is playing in Game 8, or 2.30pm if a Western Australian team is playing in Game 9

I hope it helps.

3 Likes