SEN (Radio)

Another wet lettuce leaf response from ACMA.

2 Likes

Even ACMA knows that no-one is listening on 1377 :wink:

3 Likes

The question I’d have is - are the rules the same for a commercial radio license? I’ve not listened intently, but I’m sure there’s radio gambling ads all over the place around sporting events - it’s also literally all that RSN broadcasts.

If it’s okay on terrestrial radio, then SEN+ as a simulcast stream of 1377 shouldn’t be impacted, if it isn’t okay on AM, then surely this should be a ding against the 3MP license.

Very odd enforcement.

1 Like

There are different rules for betting advertising for the three racing codes. But for sports betting it appears that the same rules apply for both online audio and broadcast radio, unless I have read them incorrectly. The rules are somewhat cumbersome to read.

From a Pacific Star investor presentation released to the ASX today. The map they included is of very poor quality.

2 Likes

1620 kHz still an ear bleeding 1 kHz pilot tone on the Gold Coast.

1 Like

Has 1629 SEN in Hobart started Tests Yet???

All five SEN streams on the SEN app are broadcasting the live NBL coverage. The most of the time simulcast continues.

The ACMA should do something about sen simulcasting Its like when 3mp was simulcasting on 693am and 1377am for few monthss way back in 1990’s

2 Likes

Does Crocmedia have any Presence in Canberra?

No.

Nine Entertainment via 3AW now owns 3.91% of Pacific Star currently worth about $2.2 million, a leftover holding dating back to when 3AW owned almost 15% of 3MP and 3AK. Nine should probably sell I think as the holding will continue to be diluted by share issues.

1 Like

The TV rights changing hands isn’t going to stop Bruce McAvaney being involved with the Melbourne Cup:

1 Like

Gerard Whateley has signed a new 3 year contract with SEN, after Seven’s attempt to poach him was cut short by change of CEO at the network.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/gerard-whateley-signs-new-contract-with-sen/news-story/7cceec431f23df8711da71e1b0b9007d

1 Like

Why was this? Warbo not a fan?

The following was posted last month. I am not sure if Warburton is a fan of Whateley, all I know is that Warburton is trying to save some money at Seven.

1 Like

After farewelling Sportsday on 3AW last night, Dwayne Russell will be unveiled as SEN’s new afternoons host today. He will start at SEN on January 13 next year, hosting Dwayne’s World from midday to 3pm, as well as calling several sports including AFL, Australian Open tennis and NBL.

UPDATE:

1 Like

At the Pacific Star annual general meeting yesterday there was still no indication when the narrowcast and narrowband licences will be on-air.

1 Like

The licences expire on Christmas day according to ACMA - I’m guessing thats part of “use it or lose it” that the regulator adopts for narrowband broadcasting

Still waiting for SEN Tasmania to come on air