SEN (Radio)

And how is this being enforced? Geoblocking??

The next instalment of the Emirates Men’s Australian Open and the ISPS Handa Women’s Australian Open will be broadcast across multiple platforms on the wider SEN network. Sydney’s The Australian Golf Course will play host to The Emirates Men’s Australian Open in December 2019.

Fans won’t miss a breathtaking moment of the action live on 1377 SEN+ as well as via golf branded tiles across the SEN app.

The 2020 ISPS Handa Women’s Open will also be available on 1377 SEN+ while 1629 SEN SA’s Kymbo and the Rooch will broadcast on-site from the tournament at The Granges Golf Course in South Australia.

The partnership also includes live coverage on 1116 SEN of the ISPS Handa Victorian Open from the iconic 13th Beach Golf Course in Barwon Heads in February 2020. A special outside broadcast will take place from the Victorian Open on 1116 SEN’s Afternoons with Andy Maher and Drive with KB and the Doc.

Tailored earpieces will also be available on-course for the three events so fans can listen remotely to all of the live commentary and analysis from each event.

Am lead to believe this is the case. Melbourne and SA streams are blocked in NSW, but not the other way around (plus SEN 3 is on DAB+ in Melbourne)

Does Foxtel/Fox Sports have a different feed in NSW to those in other states because of this legislation or are they exempt? I still see lots of sports betting ads on Fox Sports in Victoria.

Not sure if it has been mentioned before, but former Neighbours actress Nicola Charles now co-hosts That Radio Show with Peter Armstrong on SEN+.

1 Like

An update on this. I’ve just noticed on Digital Radio that SEN+, SEN2 and SEN3 are now running HE-AAC. I think it sounds better with more top-end frequencies but the aliasing artifacts are more prominent.

1116 SEN is still AAC-LC. All stations still 56kbps.

1 Like

Good use of bandwidth mgmt to handle overheads and still be well north of 40kbps for audio.

SEN was forced off air this morning due to a small fire at Crocmedia studios at Southbank.

2 Likes

What was on-air at this time instead?

Given there was no immediate threat to their floor and no power cut I assume they were able to continue play out or even remotely schedule some recorded programming to play out. Worst case scenario they went to a back up tape.

1 Like

Andy Maher and Trent Masenhelder are hosting their mornings show from the MCG due to the earlier fire.

2 Likes

Dead air. I believe it was dead air until around 9am when AM returned with live stuff (I heard it was Lyon and Maher initially but from the MCG instead of Southbank). The app/online returned about the same time but started with some good ol’ This is Your Sporting Life (which is for Tobin Brothers in case you missed Hutchy’s insertion of ads into every sentence!) Not sure when online etc returned to actual stuff, I put it on before I stepped out (around 9.50am) to hear Radar dribbling shit about the NBA, which is an instant turn off for me.

SEN tweeted just before 4pm it was back to normal.

1 Like

I put on the app around 9.50am and it was working then! I did hear they had issues later on with the Adelaide SEN though.

App and website hasn’t worked all day for me.

Interesting. The app regularly doesn’t work for me, actually find it to be rather poor. Found it odd it was actually working this morning.

SEN digital wasn’t working when I was flicking through sometime during the footy last night but SEN+ 2 and 3 were on

Nowhere near the metaphorical bushfire Garry started when his wife found out some years ago…

With modern technology, there should be continuity of program, anywhere you can get a mobile signal or IP connectivity.

Craig on the cheap as usual?

This statement is absolutely correct except you forgot the number 1 House of Hutch rule - every sentence needs a sponsor!

4 Likes

Well then we can’t let your last comment slip by without complying with that rule:

“Glennc’s last comment was brought to you by DrinkWise - don’t forget, you won’t miss any posts on Media Spy if you DrinkWise”

4 Likes

“This Fire was brought to you by Jones Bros Extinguishers”.