SEN (Radio)

And that is why I only listen to overnights.

Good on 1116SEN for mixing it up - but would listeners really want so much chop & change at breakfast over a one week period?

Sounds like it as they are constantly pushing their app during ad breaks non stop.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Disgraceful by Hutchy.

So the actual story here is that Tom Morris will work for peanuts.

1 Like

He’s still allowed to get a job. What he did was awful but he should get a second chance.

2 Likes

100% correct.

1 Like

According to The Sunday Telegraph’s Phil Rothfield, SEN has signed a new radio deal with Supercars. It will cover 12 races this year, starting with Thrifty Newcastle 500 on March 10.

3 Likes

What does this mean exactly? Are they just interviewing drivers and associates? Or are they somehow doing a live radio commentary of the race?

3 Likes

Today was my once a year listen to SEN for the Super Bowl coverage. They actually didn’t do to bad of a job covering it, and even broadcast the half Time entertainment.

I also noticed they replaced the programming on SEN Track to broadcast the Super Bowl.

This leads me to 801 SEN Track Gosford.
It appears to be off air or on very low power as there was no signal into Sydney.
I know it was on Track as SEN Coast dab+ was broadcasting the game.

@Radiohead and @RFBurns is there any reception of SEN Track on 801khz ?

4 Likes

I’m in Sydney heading off o’seas at the moment and won’t be back home until next week.

2 Likes

I’m hearing a lot of cracking but not much else, I don’t think 801 is on air at all. I think I can hear something very very faintly but don’t think it’s SEN Track. I’ll check with the tech tomorrow if I remember, it probably went off during the severe storms the other day which went straight over the top of the transmission site, it probably got struck by lightning again & may have blown up the transmitter again, what’s it been 3-6 months since they fixed it from the last lightning strike, might’ve finished it off for good this time?

4 Likes

I spoke to the tech who looks after the SEN Track Gosford 801 kHz transmitter this morning & asked if it was off air again & did it get struck by lightning again in recent storms, he said it wouldn’t surprise him, but he didn’t know anything about it, he doesn’t monitor that transmission (it’s not his job to do so), SEN is supposed to monitor it & let him know if there’s an issue.
He said he’ll let SEN know & if they tell him to go fix it, he’ll go & find out what the issue is & fix.

3 Likes

Gary and Tim back this morning on 1116.

SEN Track Gosford is back on, the tech called me back & said it was turned off after an extended site mains power outage, (I’m guessing the backup generator at site no longer works) & that SEN had turned off the monitoring alarms system because it was generating too many alarm emails & forgot about it. They remotely turned it back on & it’s back at full power.

2 Likes

Yes noticed that it is back up and on air too.
Obviously no one listens to it on the Central Coast.

I only checked it too see if they were broadcasting the Super Bowl like the normal SEN channel.

4 Likes

This feels suboptimal. They should do what I do, and just set up an email filter and mark as read the alert emails.

But then the real messages will get missed anyway

2 Likes

Usually when it is going off a lot it implies that maybe the site should be checked, not just the alarms turnt off and forgot about… geez great technical team right there

Or do what I used to do when power outages and mute the alarms for a few hours so they return at a later stage when the site is back to normal

3 Likes