SEN (Radio)

All Talk with Hello Sport starts on SEN 1170 tonight at 8pm AEST.

What happens to The Run Home and Adelaide breakfast.

SEN is currently running a campaign for their new Kalgoorlie station. I wonder if the 5,000 radios will be DAB or DRM compatible for future proofing? :neutral_face:

3 Likes

On the basis of what’s at Harvey Norman - I assume it will be this “Philips Portable Handheld Anologue Radio” (yes, “anologue”) - which is the only AM radio I could find on their site that specifies support for reaching 1611am.

The Sony for example gets to 1605, and others don’t specify.

1 Like

Add 693 SENQ as well

1 Like

Yes he will be hosting WWOS (as confirmed on Andy and Gazey).
The new Sportsday will run from 5:30pm.

1 Like

Gareth Hall is jumping from RSN to SENTrack

2 Likes

Dwayne Russell is staying at SEN for another two years.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Ha, SEN doing what I wanted to do about 15 years ago and starting up a station on 1611 in Kalgoorlie, cost was way too much unfortunately. I was looking at relaying Gold MX from Albany as I was involved with them at the time.

4 Likes

Was listening to SEN Track yday. They were broadcasting from Darwin. Was a great fun show but every time they came out of a break the hosts first words were clipped.

Just some basic radio craft missing. Must be to do with automating a network program across so many stations but would be nice if they could find a fix.

(I was listening to the Melb stream on the app).

1 Like

Most the streams on the app have breakaway advertising that often cuts off suddenly from the main program like what you experienced. The experience is better listening on DAB or AM in Melbourne.

But I find that it is particularly bad on the regional SEN Track analog frequencies and the online streams. Local news, weather and even some programs and sport coverage crashing in and out of network feeds all the time.

That said, the system they use is quite impressive and must be a pain in the ass to program and automate but it does work. Just needs some fine tuning. I’ve noticed they do local news, weather, advertising and even some local programs on all their SEN Track frequencies. Every SEN Track transmitter must have a unique feed for the local area.

3 Likes

SPORTS Entertainment Network continues to expand throughout the West Australian market, with SENSpirit Margaret River 1494am set to hit the airwaves towards the end of 2022.

In Queensland one of rugby league’s most renowned names is set to join the Sports Entertainment Network with Mal Meninga joining SENQ 693am from August 15.

3 Likes

SEN is finally setting up the 1494AM frequency which was first proposed when 6EL was under Redwave ownership.

Shame 6EL is no longer a full time music station. Having the extra frequency would have helped them in previous Bunbury surveys when they had only 621AM versus RadioWest/TripleM, which had 4 frequencies across the licence area.

4 Likes

Actually, the 1494AM frequency was first proposed even further back. It was first mentioned on the Bunbury LAP that was released by the then ABA in November 1996, before the 621AM licence went to auction the following year, and then went to air in 2000 under the AMI Radio ownership.

See: https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2010C00772

3 Likes

Great news. Looks like they will be sharing the Triple M 756 mast just off Bussell Highway in Metricup - from the ACMA database.

Wonder if the unused 1548AM frequency allocation for 6EL Collie will be coming next.

3 Likes

Let’s hope Mal’s radio career lasts longer than his political one…

3 Likes

Dave Riccio has been in for Andrew Webster on morning glory then hops over to triple M on a Saturday.

2 Likes

SEN’s coverage of the English Premier League kicks off this weekend, featuring Leicester City taking on Southampton from 12am (AEST) Sunday 21st August.

4 Likes

No further details of the schedule though.

1 Like