SEN (Radio)

Say if SEN in Adelaide wasn’t on 1629am & was included in the metro radio ratings, what rating numbers would the station get?

1 Like

The APP is pretty good too. Lots of choice.

0.2 just as SEN management would expect?

The only reason for the deal with ARN Adelaide is because nobody’s radio can reach 1629AM.

3 Likes

Why would ARN be interested in this deal? Don’t they remember what happened last time. There must be a lot of $$$ on offer?

3 Likes

I didn’t think SEN and ARN had any relation in Adelaide (aside the very initial leasing of 1323 by Pacific Star decades ago). I’m pretty sure they do have an agreement to have the breakfast show on RadioTAB in Adelaide though, which is probably comfortable for the latter as that means they can keep all their studio resources in Brisbane (whatever is left anyway, that hasn’t been merged with Sky Racing HQ in Sydney), and make the breakfast show they produce a QLD-centric one.

1 Like

A bit different from the 2005 arrangement as this is just for AFL rights (and Sportsday SA) whereas in 2005 SEN didn’t have any AFL rights and were playing VFL games into Adelaide.

4 Likes

Tim Watson’s last day on SEN 1116 Breakfast today.

That’s fairly early, given official radio ratings survey doesn’t finish until December.

1 Like

For good?

No. Back next year mid Feb.

Garry Lyon will join him 3 days a week. Cutting back a day.

Lyon will finish for the year in 2 weeks.

3 Likes

Finishing for the year and it is only early October!

1 Like

Not much sport to talk about now that the AFL season is over?

1 Like

there’s the spring racing carnival, then golf, the FIFA World Cup soccer, cricket and tennis. There’s also coverage of NBL and A-League.

4 Likes

Yeah but there might be someone better suited.

1 Like

They made it sound like it was for good this morning. I was surprised if it was.

1 Like

If Tim’s finishing this early in the year maybe he’s stopping all media commitments and taking a few months off from Seven News as well?

1 Like

Probably just sleeping in for an extra few days?

does SENQ 693 not do its own news? Just out of interest, I was just listening now (4pm EST/5pm EDT) and the news was essentially a Melbourne bulletin but the weather was local for Brisbane. Not great for what few Brisbane listeners it has?

https://www.digitalradioplus.com.au/listen.aspx?region=Brisbane

2 Likes

Yeah Melbourne news is just what Brisbane listeners want to hear lol. Thankfully it’s not going to offend too many people.

3 Likes

I thought SENQ retained some news staff from 4KQ, maybe they’re just doing local news in the mornings or something like that?

2 Likes