SBS World News

Vertical plasma:

Weather unchanged:

5 Likes

Faultless. Finally a presentation package that feels very SBS again after a few years with that tacky commercial news feel look (set excluded).

Weather graphics need to be overhauled.

10 Likes

Closer:

8 Likes

Love the white, such a refreshing change to the blandness that is ABC, Seven and Ten these days.

5 Likes

Full bulletin for those interested:

6 Likes

Love it. Fresh, modern, clean and pleasing to the eye.

Out of the news presentation of the two public broadcasters, SBS wins.

6 Likes

I am not sure why petrol prices need to be included in finance given they vary a lot across Australia.
Also, SBS has omitted all references to its social media links in the closer.
Otherwise, very clean and modern graphics.

1 Like

Very nice. Everything about this works: the set, the graphics and the theme all look/sound great. Love the circle motifs throughout the package.

4 Likes

From what I’ve seen, Nine News (at least here in Sydney) does that standing presentation for the Headline Recap & 1st Sport story on a nightly basis and even ABC News sometimes does standing presentation during it’s bulletins these days.

Although standing presentation from the newsreaders was probably much derived when Seven Nightly News introduced it for the mid-1999 relaunch, the concept was probably about 10-15 years of it’s time! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anyone got caps of the late edition?

1 Like

Promo/update

7 Likes

I like the graphics but there is a problem with the red logo and red ‘SBS’.

They look great on a white background but with many other coloured backgrounds they seem to bleed into them so they look blurry or obscured. I’m sure there’s some tweaking they can do to their border to improve that.

1 Like

Here’s some, including Richardo Goncalves doing “the walk” during the Opener as I presume all SBS newsreaders will have to now:

Since white/red is the predominant colour scheme of the new look SBS World News, they’ve opted for yellow/black as their “Breaking News” colour mode:

9 Likes

Live news update

3 Likes

Lee Lin Chin will not approve

10 Likes

Lee Lin Chin gliding in on a Segway. That would be great.

18 Likes

Notice Georgie Gardner never does the standing presentation and always remains at the desk.

5 Likes

Off topic but Georgie Gardner did standing presentation on (at least) her first night of using the set although I guess she wasn’t comfortable with that, hence why she remains at the desk when Pete, Deb and others are standing.

2 Likes

Lighting and screen image quality are pretty off. Though still an interesting and creative effort for the organisation with presumably the smallest news budget. Like the general aesthetic of everything.

Better than the ABC’s relaunch with squashed clock, same old set, etc.

6 Likes

Great Set… really does suit SBS.

4 Likes