Seven News Content and Appearance

If they get rid of the blue then the relaunch has been a success. If they keep blue - a failure.

14 Likes

Gotta say I thought this thread would be buzzin because of the potential relaunch tonight/ tomorrow.

3 Likes

I think that there has been so many elements of this white and red package posted here that there is nothing else to discuss :joy:

If I’m being honest, I’m not hopeful that this new package will look good. I think it’s going to either all be inconsistent or look really bland, like the 2011 package.

4 Likes

Same. Although there’s a new colour scheme, most of the new graphical elements we’ve seen in recent months seem to be recycled from (or at least heavily inspired by) previous packages in some way or another. Nothing really worth getting excited about IMO.

1 Like

Brisbane’s latest red and white graphics from tonight

4 Likes

Don’t like that font too much, reminds me of the old dated 90s Coles aisle font :grimacing:

Wouldn’t take that as an indication of what we would possibly expect if a refresh is to happen tomorrow, rather than a colour palette change.

Edit: Random thought, but given blue is out, what would that mean for generic backgrounds like the current globe? Since some of the promo graphics featured embossed elements (7NEWS logo), maybe there could be a similar globe graphic with red on white, similar to SBS World News?

Credit to @Abesty for cap:

3 Likes

Paralympic super

5 Likes

Crime Stoppers WA graphic in current look:

2 Likes

If 7News is to get a refresh tonight, could it be similar graphics to Sunrise, but just a different colour palette - red, white and blue?

10 Likes

I bloody hope so.

5 Likes

7NEWS is unpredictable at times, but the only conclusion I can draw to the News side receiving a similar appearance is due to the social media banners containing the angled graphics with the same reflective shine effects, just in red:

1 Like

I’m skeptical about a relaunch tonight tbh. Unless anyone has any insider knowledge?

No change for 5.30pm Gold Coast News.

3 Likes

Says it all I guess.

5 Likes

One positive is that 7 Gold Coast News is back on the local 7HD. :smiley:

9 Likes

Yep, no change. lol
As others mentioned earlier, no titlecard in Melbourne.

4 Likes

I doubt there’ll be a relaunch as the graphics, supers and logo are only a year old.

What were Seven even thinking taking the Gold Coast news of the HD channel?

They were trying to get a bigger lead in for the 6pm news by giving 2 options at 5.30. It didn’t work.

1 Like

The package is now five years old with some extremely minor modifications made more recently (ie a red line added to the super…hardly a substantial update).

I think they have to relaunch at some point this year…it’s just a matter of when now that the Olympics have passed.

6 Likes