SBS World News

It’ll be rather interesting to see what the new set for SBS World News will be like.

Knowing that the logo will be tweaked, I’d presume there’ll be some form of new or tweaked graphics with this relaunch.

But what about the theme music? Are we expecting SBS World News to keep the current version of that (which I believe has been used since 2005 - probably the longest running news theme on Australian TV at this point in time) or should we expect an updated version?

2 Likes

Caps of presentation from the news room:

13 Likes

And guess who I can see at the back @antonio1987 :wink::wink::wink:

1 Like

Kinda surprising that SBS would allow that trash to be shown in their newsroom.

6 Likes

SBS relaunching tonight as per the CEO’s Tweet this morning.

4 Likes
4 Likes

SBS unveils new look, new app for SBS News

SBS has refreshed its news portfolio, today launching SBS News with increased capabilities across its broadcast and digital platforms and a bold, new look bring its range of news platforms together under the SBS News banner. A new SBS News app has also been released to give audiences greater access to the latest news from Australia and around the world.

The new SBS News brand will span SBS World News, Insight, Dateline, The Feed, Small Business Secrets and SBS’s news website. The brand refresh reflects SBS’s continued commitment to quality, in-depth news and current affairs from Australia and around the world. Improvements to the network’s digital platforms aim to make SBS’s news and current affairs content more accessible to audiences, with the latest news available anytime and anywhere.

SBS Director of News and Current Affairs, Jim Carroll said: “We’ve given SBS News a new look and new capabilities to reflect SBS’s digital-first strategy that puts audiences at the heart of everything we do.

“In a time when trust is more important than ever, we want Australians to know they can continue to rely on SBS News to deliver the highest quality, most trusted news from around the country and the world across our television, radio and digital platforms.”

The SBS News app will offer a more natural user experience, intuitive navigation and greater personalisation capabilities with push notifications to keep audiences up to date with the latest and breaking news. It is available now for iOS and Android devices.

Upgrades to SBS News website include streamlined navigation with enhanced streaming capabilities to support the growing trend towards video news. The new SBS News website is optimised for mobile, tablet and desktop.

In broadcast, the SBS World News TV bulletin has also been refreshed; with a new logo, graphics and set. Host, Janice Petersen will bring Australians the news from the updated set from 6:30pm tonight on SBS.

The new SBS News app was developed by Netco while creative agency DD8 led the development of the new SBS News brand.

4 Likes

Is that Fergo and I on the cake? :star_struck::star_struck:

Ah, i just saw it. Fergo on the television at the back on the last JPEG. Thanks for making my day Melbournefan :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

This timelapse video includes a brief look at the new set + possibly a revamped theme as well:

EDIT: Here’s a picture of the new set in action during rehearsals:

15 Likes

OK, I’m calling it now.

Could this new look (and possibly sound) be the best On-Air Presentation package that SBS World News has ever had? Because judging by what I’ve seen so far…

8 Likes

Beats the awful 2004-07 one that’s for sure!

1 Like

What I would like to see with the new graphics:

1. show the exact place or region name where the incident occurred rather than just a country name. For example, a report on the current wildfire around LA should have a caption showing Los Angeles or California instead of just United States
  2. Do not try to cover the graphics on reports by foreign networks especially ABC America and Al-Jazeera.
6 Likes

Looks pretty good, nice and bright set.

New music by the sounds of it too. Looks and sounds incredible.

5 Likes

This is hot :fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

It appears that SBS are “saving the surprise” for 6.30pm - just saw an update recorded in the newsroom (recorded at/around 4pm judging by the appearance of the “Seven News Sydney First at 4pm” titlecard on one of the screens) with the old graphics & theme music not too long ago!

2 Likes

5.55pm Update:

3 Likes

Looks fantastic. Let’s hope they actually use panning shots for once to show the set off.

2 Likes

SBS graphics were developed by company DD8, the same company that has designed Fox Sports News and Channel 9

Sneek Peek at Graphics - http://www.dd8.tv/sbs-world-news/

9 Likes