SBS World News

Janice Petersen will appear on Have You Been Paying Attention? on Channel Ten tonight.

2 Likes

More caps of Les Murray funeral

4 Likes

Most important question, what did Lee Lin wear?

Glad SBS aired this, was nice to watch.

1 Like

SBS World News is now SBS News on social media. Am I reading into things too much (which is quite possible), or is this possibly a hint of On-Air changes?

The current branding of SBS World News has been around for a while now (February 2014 I think, although the logo was slightly tweaked maybe last year to incorporate the 2015-current “SBS” corporate logo font) and although there’s nothing really wrong with it, I do think it’d be nice to see a branding refresh before the current look becomes too stale.

An eventual “streamlining” of the brand from SBS World News to SBS News also wouldn’t be overly surprising, knowing the multicultural broadcaster’s tendency to follow the ABC’s footsteps in some elements of their branding (channel naming strategy, anyone?).

5 Likes

IIRC the history goes World News Australia to SBS World News Australia to SBS World News.

SBS News sounds boring.

4 Likes

Prob just a rebranding for social media.

3 Likes

SBS without a doubt needs a new opener and graphics - the whole package at the moment feels really cheap which is a shame because the set is very tasteful.

1 Like

Really? I think their graphics look just fine, basic and simple.

SBS World News 6:30pm & Late Edition from last night:

1 Like

Technical Issue

1 Like

I think its about time SBS needs to rebrand its news department for a while i was thinking about the BBC Flags Intro between 1994-1999 which is BBC World & News 24 do you agree or disagree?
Look i know the videos you see isn’t has to do with this topic anyway this is just my suggestion

1997-1999 Mock BBC News 24

1997 Custom Mocks

1994-1997 BBC World Service/Arabic News Opener

!!!

11 Likes

SBS News off the air, replaced by a news bulletin from Al Jazeera instead due to technical issues…

4 Likes

New logo

Quietly announced at upfronts: “SBS is one of Australia’s most trusted new sources, and continues this legacy in 2018 with a new look SBS World News.”

14 Likes

Although the current look has aged reasonably well (especially compared to some of the previous branding packages for our multicultural broadcaster’s news service!), it’ll be good to see SBS World News get a branding refresh in 2018.

5 Likes

I like it, it’s a good upgrade of the current Logo.
Is it just me or are blue in News logos getting a bit…outdated?

Newsroom backdrop tonight - is that new?

Newsroom backdrop was in use a couple of nights last week. Not sure what the reason is for the absence of the quite nice physical set.

1 Like

Janice said on social media the old set has been binned ahead of the relaunch.

11 Likes

Set relaunch hype!

3 Likes