SBS World Movies

1 hour to go

1 Like

15 minutes to go

Caps:

9 Likes

I like the graphics package so far.

3 Likes

The watermark could be half the shade it is. Too distracting.

2 Likes

Current spectrum usage for video stream:

SBS ONE SD 2.8
SBS ONE HD 4.1
SBS Food 3.3
NITV 1.5
Viceland HD 3.8
World Movies HD 3.9

Video of opening

6 Likes

First ad break after about 20 minutes is not a good sign. I was hoping for maybe one ad break about halfway through a movie, but there will be more than that.

3 Likes

Promos and PRG:

4 Likes

A couple of the early promos

3 Likes

Love the presentation. Looks great!

2 Likes

With that bitrate, might as well move Food to HD as well

Loving the idea of the channel, its just 10 years too late in this current market - especially considering commercial breaks during movies and the inevitable censorship cuts required to fit FTA regulations and timeslot requirements

9 Likes

Purely as an aside, I’m technically dumb. How do you check the bitrate?

1 Like

One thing I would like to see is SBS add the year and country of origin on the EPG.

2 Likes

World Movies is available on Foxtel after all.

1 Like

From Foxtel Community

Today, 1 July, SBS launches SBS World Movies. This is an FTA channel dedicated to international film.

Most Foxtel subscribers are able to watch this new channel via their Cable or Satellite set-top box as part of the FTA channels we retransmit. SBS World Movies HD will be on Foxtel Channel 432 and SBS World Movies SD on Foxtel Channel 433.

Just to clarify, this is not part of your Foxtel subscription and SBS World Movies is not part of the Foxtel Movies pack. The Foxtel World Movies On Demand library requires you to be subscribed to Foxtel Movies, while SBS World Movies is a separate FTA service.

SBS will have its own, separate, selection of On Demand programming available through SBS On Demand so you need to check SBS listings for their schedule.

For our Foxtel Now subscribers, you are able to watch SBS World Movies via the Foxtel Now box when you have your FTA antenna connected to it. All other device users will need to access SBS World Movies via their normal way of accessing FTA TV channels.

3 Likes

So weird. Why don’t they just treat it like their other HD’s and have it sit in the 2xx range?

VAST comparison, averaged over 5 minutes:

SBS HD 6.0 MBit
SBS VICELAND (SD) 2.5 MBit
SBS World Movies HD 4.2 MBit
SBS Food 1.7 MBit
NITV 2.3 MBit

TSReader free edition is good. Requires a computer with a USB or PCIe tuner.

1 Like

Is anyone else having trouble with the World Movie Channel with Fetch, It won’t show a guide and it will not let me go straight to the channel on the epg. I have restarted the set top box twice and done two rescans.

1 Like

Yes, my Fetch has the same issue. I’ve read somewhere that the Fetch box gets the free-to-air EPG from a third party provider rather than from the embedded EPG. Don’t know whether that is true or not, but if it is it could explain why there is no EPG if the provider hasn’t uploaded it yet.

2 Likes

More caps:

6 Likes