SBS Sport

Sydney FC will host the W-League grand final against Melbourne City at Allianz Stadium next Sunday, February 18 at 5pm AEDT. It will be shown live on SBS Viceland from 4.30pm to 7.30pm AEDT, and streamed live on The World Game website and app.

1 Like

Upcoming EPL matches on SBS:
Sunday 25th February
01:30 – 04:15 AEDT
LIVERPOOL v WEST HAM UNITED

Sunday 4th March
TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v HUDDERSFIELD TOWN

Saturday 10th March
23:00 – 01:45 AEDT
MANCHESTER UNITED v LIVERPOOL

Sunday 18th March
STOKE CITY v EVERTON

Saturday 31st March
22:00 – 00:45 AEDT
CRYSTAL PALACE v LIVERPOOL

2 Likes

SBS will simulcast the French Open tennis from quarter final to final for the next three years with Fox Sports, as part of the latter’s new broadcast deal with Roland Garros.

2 Likes

I am pretty sure SBS will show the French Open from the start as the article thats currently out states that only the first three hours each day will be exclusively live to Fox Sports. This likely means that coverage on SBS will start at 10 pm each day.

2 Likes

SBS themselves announced this in November.

SBS will simulcast live game 2 of NBL grand final series between Melbourne United and Adelaide 36ers this Sunday afternoon at 3pm AEDT, from Adelaide. Game 1 will be replayed late Friday night on ABC as will game 3 next Friday.

SBS showing Peru friendlies over the international football break (23-28 March). Matches are against Croatia and Iceland.

1 Like

SBS put up a ticker stating that due to the late finish of the NBL game they were televising, the next programme “Small Business Secrets” will be shown immediately after the game. I doubt the other commercial networks will do this

2 Likes

in the past yes but I haven’t seen one for ages, particularly last year for Bathurst where there was no ticker for the overrun of Bathurst.

SBS will simulcast live game 4 of NBL grand final series between Melbourne United and Adelaide 36ers this Sunday afternoon at 3pm AEDT, again from Adelaide.
On Monday, March 26, SBS Viceland will broadcast live the women’s soccer friendly between Australia and Thailand from Perth’s NIB Stadium. Coverage starts 5.35pm AWST (8.35pm AEDT) with kickoff at 6pm AWST (9pm AEDT). It will be the Matildas’ last game at home before they contest the 2018 Women’s Asian Cup in Jordan early next month.

2 Likes

SBS will simulcast the fifth and deciding game of the NBL Grand Final series between Melbourne and Adelaide this Saturday (March 31) but not on TV. Instead it will be streamed live on SBS on Demand from 6pm AEDT.

well, that’s a shame (and strange) that they are not airing the fifth and deciding game of the NBL Grand Final on TV.

Surely SBS Viceland could have aired it?

Last I heard SBS were indeed offering game 5 live on Viceland. Interesting…
My epg suggests it is indeed on Viceland, not sure where the previous info has come from.

1 Like

I have seen on the online guides that game 5 will be on Viceland. However this promo on SBS website suggests it will be streamed online only.

but it says SBS Viceland at the end of the promo.

Upcoming EPL matches on SBS
Saturday April 7 from 9pm (AEST): Everton v Liverpool
Saturday April 14 from 11:30pm (AEST): Crystal Palace v Brighton & Hove Albion

1 Like

Saw the closing stage of NBL title decider and post-match on Viceland tonight. The post-match presentation as shown on SBS was mostly a clean feed, with just the graphic “Melbourne United - 2017/18 Champions” at the end.

Bowls Australia announced last Thursday (March 29) that its partnership with SBS will continue for 2018. SBS will broadcast the Australian Open live for the first time under the deal.

The Australian Open coverage will be produced by Crocmedia under a separate agreement.

Upcoming EPL matches on SBS
Saturday April 21 from 11:30pm (AEST): Watford v Crystal Palace
Saturday April 28 from 9pm (AEST): Liverpool v Stoke City
Saturday May 5 from 11.30pm (AEST): Bournemouth v Swansea City

My EPG suggests Saturday night’s game is Chelsea v Huddersfield.