SBS Sport

i think they learn after 2018 world cup after the backlash sbs and optus got there

1 Like

From what I recall, SBS’ coverage of the 2018 FIFA World Cup was actually good? Optus Sport’s coverage on the other hand, well THAT was a major fail.

2 Likes

SBS aired the entire tournament after Optus Sport’s failure in 2018

Economically it actually worked out well for SBS, they got money from on-selling the rights, and showed practically all of the tournament on FTA.

For viewers, though, the first week would’ve been hell.

4 Likes
1 Like

US Open:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Wollongong will host next year’s championships, which will be broadcast on Nine.

2 Likes

That was unexpected

9 Likes

Wow, that is unexpected. A very sudden departure indeed.

Although it says that it is unlikely to have an on-air farewell, which is a shame, i do hope something is mentioned on air.

SBS Sport, especially the cycling, wont be the same for the near future.

7 Likes

Bugger. One of the best - his Tour de France work in particular was fantastic.

SBS’s sports team, on air at least, feels decimated.

7 Likes

Big loss to SBS.

I wonder who will replace Mike as the new host of SBS’s Tour de France coverage next year.

4 Likes

The routes for the 2022 Tour de France men’s and women’s version had been revealed. The men’s tour will commence with three stages in Denmark on July 1-3, before the first stage on French soil on July 5. The men’s tour will finish in Paris on July 24, the same day the women’s tour (Tour de France Femmes) begin.
Both Tours will be shown live on SBS.

2 Likes
6 Likes

The Arab Cup will be on SBS On Demand with the semis and Final on SBS’ linear channels

1 Like

Other than Basheer, who is left to cover next years world cup at SBS? Would someone like Foz be allowed to go back for the tournament given he’s at Stan now?

I’d assumed Tomalaris was going to host it but that obviously won’t happen now.

4 Likes

Lots of freelancers around, plus world feed. Also a chance that Stan or Paramount+ may lend with the proviso of them being “Paramount+'s Simon Hill joins us from…”

2 Likes

SBS will have daily highlights of the 2022 Dakar Rally from Saudi Arabia from January 2 to January 15 at 5pm.

The 2022 Dakar Rally will serve as the first event in the inaugural FIA-FIM World Rally-Raid Championship.

1 Like

Sounds like more stupidity emanating from SBS sport.

3 Likes