SBS Sport

Shame Ash’s game was delayed into SA! SBS need to get their act together and more live sport across the nation is required.

1 Like

They’re generally good with ensuring sports air live across the country so guessing the fact that her game was a late addition to the schedule was behind that (not saying that as an excuse - the delayed broadcast was the wrong decision)

They have told me, you can watch it live onSBS demand. Well a bit bloody late now!

And in SA this is normal for SBS to have it delayed. Cycling races in spring up until this year were on delay.

According to the SBS page on Facebook, coverage starts at 8pm AEDT tonight.

They will show the remainder of the Djokovic v Thiem semi-final. The game stopped because of the rain. They have won one-set each.

The Barty game will follow, at 11pm.

(and looks like that Western Australia fans have to suffer, and watch the games on a two-hour delay)

According to online guides, WA will join in progress at 8pm local time, missing the first two hours of TV coverage.

Time zones suck, would’ve been awesome having a 7pm-ish start tonight.

Still, better night than any (Saturday) I suppose, with many staying up late in general and Queens Birthday long weekend.

If WA viewers are joining the coverage at 8pm local time, at least they’ll be able to see Barty’s final live. However, if the coverage is being delayed until then - that’s unacceptable and they should be using Viceland to air the remainder of the Djokovic v Theim SF

1 Like

Like I say, if primary channel is not available, you use the multichannel.
That was the case back in 2014-15 Big Bash League Season where QLD, SA and NT had the match shown on a delayed telecast due to Family Feud and the Project. This caused a lot of outrange on social media demanding Network TEN to use ONE to televise the first portion of the match before switching to TEN at 7:30pm. Due to a 3-hour time difference, Channel 10 Perth made the right decision to move the prime time games live on ONE in HD in full.

Tonight’s broadcast times are
WA: 8pm-2am
SA and NT: 8pm-3.30am
Eastern states: 8pm-4am

1 Like

What happened here? I can’t see it on.

SBS Facebook updated their story at 8pm, to say that the Djokovic-Thiem game is now online (sbs on demand). I don’t know why they updated the story so late into the night.

1 Like

I knew something was odd when I switched from Seven to SBS at 8pm and saw the Princess Margaret documentary was on. Just found out SBS is streaming the men’s semi final online.

haha, I did the same thing. I was wondering why the Princess Margaret was still on at 8pm. I waited until 8.20pm and then realised the tennis wasn’t on the telly. And was online instead.

1 Like

Ash Barty wins the French Open, dominating 6-1 5-3. The much delayed match didn’t start until after midnight AEST with the presentations at around 2am.

4 Likes

Tour De France 2019

6 – 29 July

Live, free and in HD, exclusively on SBS - SBS hits the road with the 2019 Tour de France, this July Gabriel Gaté returns for his final year on screens with The Best of Taste Le Tour.

From July 6, the Tour de France is set for its 106th run with riders from around the world gathering to prove their worth in the saddle. TV start times vary with most stages beginning at 9.30pm AEST on SBS (full broadcast schedule below).

Every stage will be available in full on SBS’s digital platforms, streaming on SBS On Demand, Cycling Central website and the ŠKODA Tour Tracker app. The Cycling Central website offers news, opinion, stats, highlights and video on demand. The ŠKODA Tour Tracker app returns, streaming live pictures and allowing viewers to see real time data, stage profiles and catch up video to complement the full race coverage and deliver a fully comprehensive offering.

SBS has every minute and angle of the Tour de France covered, with a morning Daily Update from 6.20am, a Stage Replay from 12pm in the afternoon, Stage Replay from 3pm on SBS VICELAND, and evening highlights from 5.30pm (times vary, check local guides).

The SBS commentary team will report from France and will be led by esteemed cycling journalist, Michael Tomalaris. Calling every stage from start to finish is Robbie McEwen and Matthew Keenan who will provide unrivalled commentary. Cycling journalists Sophie Smith and Christophe Mallet will report the latest news from the race as well as feature stories. David McKenzie will deliver in depth analysis, and former Olympic rower and pro cyclist, Cameron Wurf, will make special guest appearances throughout the tournament.

The Best of Taste Le Tour

After fourteen years of gourmet adventures, legendary French chef, Gabriel Gaté returns for his final year with The Best of Taste Le Tour, featuring some of the most memorable moments of his annual culinary journey following the route of the epic race. From delicious wines, mouth watering pastries, famous three star chefs to humble cheesemakers, this series is an excellent cultural food accompaniment to the broadcast of this famous race.

1 Like

A shame Gabriel Gate last year on the tour with a best of special. Was one of the highlights every year. I’d often just tune in for that segment.

1 Like

The schedule of The Best of Taste Le Tour can be found here
Did Gabriel say why he wants to end the popular segment after 15 years?

Updated FIFA schedule for next Matilda’s game

Sunday 23 June
04:30am AEST LIVE FIFA Women’s World Cup AUS v NOR Kick off at 5.00am AEST.

WATCH Norway v Australia FIFA Women’s World Cup round of 16 clash LIVE, FREE and in HD on SBS from 4:30am (AEST) Sunday morning or stream live via The World Game website / app.

3 Likes

International Champions Cup was previously on Nine (including a mini tournament at the MCG in 2015 and 2016). It was not broadcast on TV in Australia in the past two years, so I am pleased SBS has picked up the rights.