Saving Ten

I don’t see Pointless running 6 days a week… not when they cited that as one of the reasons FF failed (oversaturation)

3 Likes

They are advertising it as running at 6 pm weeknights. So it will be on Monday-Friday. They will have something else on Sunday.

Also Ten never cited oversaturation, that was Grant himself saying that.

it was backed up by a statement or a comment I thought…

1 Like

So you are claiming sports tonight will not air 6pm Sundays?

Maybe :wink:

1 Like

The brief appearance it had in the EPG had it slated for a later time slot post reality shows and I think if it’s a once a week show then there would be more than enough content for an hour long panel show. Wouldn’t make sense to try squeeze it into 30 mins between the news and Project I don’t think.

1 Like

You know if you get this one wrong, after your pointless fail, i am not going to take anything you say seriously :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Haha what was my pointless fail? Was it about a game show returning to 6pm? Well even i was fooled. I rekon itll be a later timeslot on a sunday…say 930pm? Its a guess :wink:

1 Like

Don’t stress I’m just teasing.

1 Like

A 5:30pm to 6:30pm Saturday and Sunday Edition may be possible - Ten may want to try and get people into the show around 6pm so they don’t change channels

9:15 pm Sundays. Weekly

I think it’s safe to say that it won’t air at 9:15pm weekly, it will probably air anywhere between 8:30pm - 9:30pm depending on whatever reality show is airing before it.

2 Likes

I actually think it will be shifted back to 9:30 if and when ten decide on that new weekly chat show with Julia Morris and Chris Brown.

1 Like

But Saturday Night Takeaway as it currently stands is a variety / entertainment show, not really a chat show. I can’t see anywhere that it’s mentioned in the TV Tonight story that it would be a weekly show either… certainly not with Chris & Julia’s other commitments with I’m a Celebrity (pending it’s returning next year) The Living Room, Blind Date, other international TV shows for Chris as well as Julia’s stand up comedy shows etc.

1 Like

Yeah thats what i mean though. Celebrity normally hits the two hour mark on Sundays. So i think it will be permanent 9:30 show at some point.

If I’m A Celebrity returns next year, may be it could be an opportunity to try a different host (say Sara Marie could replace Julia OR maybe Rove could replace Chris). Or may be Rove could front the new proposed show…

Just a thought

They dont sound like better hosts.

Anyway ABC have begun the axing of shows due to budget cuts. The checkout is the first. Not saying this is tens answer but it could be a good show to slot into their Thursdays when gogglebox is off air

No commercial channel is likely to touch a program that mocks or calls out dodgy behaviour from what could be current (or potential) advertisers.

Channel 7 tried to do a similar program years ago called Probe and it failed dismally.

4 Likes

Actually, I agree. I think this would be a good get for Ten.

1 Like

Watching local news in Detroit :oncoming_police_car::city_sunset:right now in my hotel room. It’s cool as. I love the style at FOX 2’s “News Edge at 11”. Not normally a fan of overkill hype - I find this station actually has a nice restrained style with two lovely old-school anchors mixed in with a dynamic presentation. Here is a sample - they have since modified the main anchor position to a cooler shot (which I’ll try to find). TEN News Edge at 10pm anyone?

By the way, I post it here in the Ten thread because, as a FOX station, they have clearly differentiated themselves. They have a fast-paced local news at 10, a fascinating Michigan politics talk show at 10:30 and more local news at 11. Ten’s take-away - in my opinion - from FOX’s local approach is to go with intensive 9:30 or 10pm local news.

By the way, just more on this broadcast, it’s fascinating (as there is a real shift apparent in the U.S. away from the cookie-cutter, 2 anchors-at-a-desk, happy-chat approach from the 80s). For example, the anchors literally do NOT say goodnight!! The sports lady - herself a non-traditional-looking TV type - simply ends the newscast by herself at the end of her sports report. Also by the way, they stand for the whole show…

1 Like