Saving Ten

When?

Bit confused how that answers my initial question.

Hmmm… I don’t think that would help. Not many are home at 4pm anyway. That audience could just be the one that likes gameshows and would turn over at 5pm anyway. As I said Bold wins its timeslot probably wouldn’t want to move that.

That thinking doesn’t deter Nine and Seven with their news at 4 and so on. Of course it would help. You don’t think Seven and Nine’s assault on Ten’s news in the afternoon - with their pre-emptive strikes - hasn’t helped them? Every station is saturating the market in their own way. Pointless at 4 (or at 3:30 incidentally, to leave B&B where it is) would just be about providing for the demand for game shows in the late afternoon. Yes, some die-hards would switch over for more with Hot Seat or The Chase, but it would also create that very kind of ‘burn-out’ factor which Ten’s rivals similarly create with their afternoon news hours.

No I am just saying I don’t think it would rate more than the already successful Bold and the Beautiful. Its the same argument as before. Why change something that is already leading/winning? And more to the other point why put a shiny, slightly expensive show in a 4pm timeslot where most of its audience is out?

Perhaps these double episodes they’ve been airing from 4pm is a way to get viewers accustomed to an earlier start for the show. It’s also odd they’ve started a promotional campaign to direct viewers to watch the show via tenplay. Are they doing that to placate viewers if the show moves permanently to 4pm?

Yes. I’d say leave Bold and the Beautiful where it is. And you’re right. Mid-afternoon is not traditionally a timeslot where Aussie TV stations have splurged on original programming. But it’s a new era with TV, so who knows? Who would have said Nine would start Today at 5:30am a few years ago?

Having said that, I think you’re right. I would just air an overseas version of Pointless at 3:30-4:30. Can it be worth that many ratings points to make an Aussie version?

Honestly, I think we all look into things too much. They probably aired double episodes to catch up. Its not like they tried the episode at 9:30pm to catch up. Then I would think we were in for a change. As for tenplay they are probably just [promoting the site.

I don’t even know what Pointless is, but if it’s all it’s cracked up to be, I would go: 3.30 Pointless (UK), 4:30 Bold, 5.00 News, 6.00 News, 6:30 Project. Or possibly - I haven’t looked at Ten’s afternoon schedule in a while - 3:00 Pointless, 4.00 First-run Australian Cooking Show, 4.30 Bold. (I presume today’s Bold at 4 is a re-run, which is a bit weak).

This thread is so far removed from reality that it’s not funny anymore.

Ten is not going to do anything to rock the boat and risk losing viewers. They will slip Pointless in at 6pm later this year either as a half hour format or (I hope) for the full hour with The Project condensed into a half hour.

If they want to make further changes to the 5pm hour or 7pm half hour then they will come much, much later once Pointless is bedded in and they have figured out how the audience flow works. And I highly highly doubt that Ten will ever stop showing news at 5pm, it’s part of their DNA.

1 Like

So was the idea of Ten poaching Jennifer Keyte.

1 Like

Really 6-7pm is the weak spot for Ten so it makes sense for them to leave everything as is and slip Pointless in from 6 to 7!

2 Likes

unnamed%20(2)

2 Likes

I’d like to see Ten reinvest in late night programming…

10.00 Ten News at 10 with Sandra Sully
(Start it at 10.00pm, on the dot, every night, no exceptions)
10.30 Sports Tonight with Stephen Quartermain
11.00 Late Night Comedy (HYBPA, Hughesy, Russell Coight, Thank God You’re Here repeats)

3 Likes

What about the market who are now used to consuming news in quick formats like radio and web. You could promote a 15 minute bulletin as express news and concentrate on the main stuff and leave the investigative stuff to the project and the 5pm main bulletin. Eg.
5pm ten news
5.30pm pointless
6.15pm news express
6.30pm the project

Why?
For an audience of 100,000? They’re better of investing that money elsewhere. A repeat of the project will probably rate the same.

Not sure if I missed the announcement of Ten picking up a local Pointless, or is this group just suggesting thats the way Ten should go?

They have picked it up apparently.

1 Like

This story of Pointless, Game of Games and Blind Date have been going around for a while. There has been no confirmation that any of theses concepts will be a weekly or daily show, all speculation at the moment i am afraid

1 Like

They have been advertising for contestants to take part in Pointless.

1 Like

So when will the final episode of Family Feud will air? I hope that July 13 will be the final episode on TEN.