Saving Ten

Interesting

As a point of difference, it may actually work

1 Like

Family Feud isn’t working, maybe they’re trying to test a replacement?

3 Likes

I wonder if they will try and re-boot The Great TV Game Show

Because it was such a success for them the first time?

Going back to discussions surrounding a potential sports program, there is no reason why Ten couldn’t do this.

7 - 9am Saturday and Sunday. Year round. Call it ‘State of Play’. Winter have big name former League and Football players on the hosting panel. Summer keep on board some of the big name cricket players they had signed for the Big Bash. This will show the codes that the network is indeed serious about sports coverage come rights negotiations time - albeit a long way in the future.

I would also like to see Ten try their hand at breakfast television once again. If they can some how bring Chris Bath onboard, along with perhaps Hamish? They seemed to have good chemistry on during their stint on The Sunday Project together. 6 though to 9am weekdays with Studio Ten running 9am through to 11:30, with Ten Morning News at 11:30. I would love to see Kerri Anne Kennelly potentially replace Ita Buttrose now that she is leaving after what seems like a dummy spat over not being considered for Royal Wedding duties. Pathetic.

I would also like to see them invest in a late afternoon program. 3:30 - 4:30. Afternoons with Jess [Jessica Rowe] and Friends? For those coming home from schools shift etc. Followed by Bold and the Beautiful which holds its own as is.

The Project should move to 5pm. The brand has a lot of clout, just not right to anchor the 6:30 time slot.

Ten Evening News staple moves to 6pm for an hour.

Programs I already suggested in the mock schedules thread should take the 7pm time slot weekdays and weekends respectively.

That is 7 days a week 5pm to 7:30pm covered. So long as it is consistently and well promoted and allowed to bed in and gain traction.

I would also love for Ten to revist RUSH and Sea Patrol (even if a former Nine staple). The latter could pair with NCIS at 9:30.

Good News Week will cover the break the Have You Been Paying Attention takes.

1 Like

Well they are trying Blind Date again which had mediocre success

this sounds like Pointless, if they’re creating a Au Pointless then I am hyped. one thing they need to get down is the banter between hosts - Richard and Alexander’s exchanges are the things (at least for me) that make the show.

2 Likes

10 TV Australia returns!

Did I hear 1989 calling?

2 Likes

Back when they had money and were Australian owned?

From that vision - I am wondering whether they will try their hand at sketch comedy again or whether Comedy Company might make a return to TV in re-run form on One or 11, like One aired Fast Forward/Full Frontal episodes (or part episodes of) a few years back. The subsequent Totally Full Frontal series aired in the mid to late 90s on Ten.

I am aware of the Comedy flop that was Comedy Inc on Nine, but it is a concept still used to a degree on ABC (and if they did venture into those waters, hopefully not too much of a good thing) as long as the scripts are executed right - it may work (i guess it depends on whether CBS want to invest in local comedy)

Speaking of 1989. I’d love for this to happen.

Foxtel have had a couple of attempts too with sketch shows recently:
Open Slather and The Slot.
I haven’t seen these but one I did enjoy was Kinne on 7 mate.

I disagree with a full 3 hour breakfast show - viewers will see it as more of the same. Ten needs to be different to attract viewers - they need to employ the type of strategy Seven used with Sunrise, start with a 1 hour (absolutely not more than 90 minute) breakfast show, probably starting at 6:30am or 7am with Studio 10 starting at 8am (or staying put at 8:30am), If there was a decision to cut Studio 10 back to 2 and a half hours, I would schedule either Ten Morning News and ET between 11am and midday OR The Talk.

No, I would leave the schedule as is. If Ten wants to trial a new game show, screen it on 11 on the back of Neighbours as a test run and make sure they heavily promote, as a potential new 7pm show. Ten should keep The Project at 6:30pm even if they were brave enough to take on the 6pm bulletins - but a 5pm bulletins should stay in some form, whether as a short form offering (30 minutes) or maintain the whole hour.

Ten needs to maintain itself as a unique point of difference

Ten needs to create a point of difference for viewers rather than try and imitate Nine or Seven. In some ways The Sunday Project airing at 6:30pm isn’t the best move, but it offers consistency to viewers.

I am not saying the program is wrong, but may be the time is wrong - Ten could get ahead of its opponents with its reality options if they launched into them at 6:30pm instead of 7:30pm - but then the question is do you maintain a Sunday edition and if so when, a 5pm edition would be a waste of money (as its up against football on Seven and Nine channels) and it would be wasted beyond 8:00pm as Nine and Seven alternate between 60 Minutes and Sunday Night and their respective reality TV programs between 7pm and 9:30pm.

Changing a schedule for any network is fraught with risk of losing viewers, so should not be taken lightly. As has been seen in the past, most non-game show formats airing between 5pm and 6pm fail - the exception seems to be Ten Eyewitness News (and perhaps Seven and Nine when they screened News til 5:30pm weekdays) - even back in the late 80s early 90s, we saw Live At Five, The Bugs Bunny Show and and a multitude of re-runs such as Happy Days on Nine and the random programming on Seven such as repeat comedies until Wheel of Fortune took over the 5:30pm timeslot on Seven.

Any suggestion that The Project should move to a pre-news timeslot is ridiculous - thats like airing the end the final part of of a mini series before one of the instalments

Fat Cat and Friends would be more entertaining, (oops sorry, Fat Cat and Friends format is associated with Channel 7 Adelaide and Perth)

get rid of studio 10 and put in a better show then can rival the morning show , no wonder 10 is always so far behind in ratings they need to have a look at what 7 are showing and see what they can do match

Even though Studio 10 probably isn’t going in the right direction with the recent changes made to the show, at the same time I’m not sure if it should be axed.

Also, reviving older programs/formats very rarely work. What Ten really needs are bold, innovative programing formats at a level currently not seen on Australian TV. Easier said than done, I know…

Studio 10 used to be a great show and was building a solid audience before they started messing with it. It’s mind-boggling that Ten keeps making the same mistakes over and over while Seven is able to dominate the slot just by maintaining a steady ship.

The issue lies with poor leadership (does the show even have an EP at the moment?) and a lack of vision. There is still plenty of life in Studio 10, it just needs to be brought back to life.

2 Likes

Any suggestions???

Wouldn’t Ten best serve their viewers by being a point of difference as opposed to imitating the opposition?

1 Like