Saving Ten

I would just push HYBPA to five days a week instead, trim it down to half an hour.

Too much of a good thing.

1 Like

I highly doubt Working Dog are going to allow/handle that much of the show.

Blind Date has the potential to be stripped, if it’s fresh and funny. Nightly relationship drama seems to be flavour of the month. As far as I know it’s just a weekly show, probably replacing Show Me The Movie…

It could be an early Sunday evening show before MasterChef.

1 Like

15 posts were merged into an existing topic: Seven Tennis Coverage

Doing hybpa a whole week will kill the show. Once a week is great for you to be wanting more! Will be imteresting to see what they come up with at that time.

I would think repeats of Talkin’ Bout Your Generation (2009-2012) would help TEN, however Shaun Micallef will produce the revived show this year on the Nine network. The older format containing Amanda Keller, Charlie Pickering and Josh Thomas could be replayed during Saturday Nights.

I know its not a MAJOR sporting event or anything, but in the past WIN has aired the XXXX QLD Variety Bash special - why doesnt Ten air highlights of all 8 Variety Bashes around Australia each year? Maybe as part of a documentary series that could on Saturday night at 6:30pm

There is a darts championship at my local tavern during the summer. Can be a ratings hit. :joy:

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if someone suggested World Championship Tiddlywinks at this point.

4 Likes

Historically and before BBL and AFL, Ten have been the face of limited run sport:

Motorsport
Melbourne Cup
Ironman
Sydney to Hobart
NFL Super Bowl
Olympic Games

Of these I think Ten could show increase interest in Ironman (summer), Melbourne Cup, Motorsport and maybe Olympics going forward. Although limited duration, they do get mileage out of them.

ps. I always thought Ten should have gone for the Tennis instead of cricket. (ten)nis had great promotional potential!

1 Like

Does anyone have the rights to Rugby World Cup next year? Held in Japan the timezone will be friendly.

That said, do Ten have ARU rights this year? RU is another sport dying of irrelevance behind pay walls and simulcast deals on pay TV.

Actually not a bad idea.

All games. Live. Free. HD.

Exclusive to One. I would not put it on the main channel. Grow it first.

Could provide decent multi-channel shares over the weekend at least.

One isn’t HD anymore though.

That’s what I was thinking last night after finding out the NZ rights to the RWC has gone to a telco (Spark, formerly Telecom New Zealand). It will be like Telstra having the broadcast rights to the tournament here. Ten should go all out to get the RWC rights. Seven won’t bid as the tournament clashes with the AFL finals and the Melbourne Spring Racing Carnival. Nine has a small chance given its calendar is clear after the NRL Grand Final finishes on September 30.

It’s a hard one for broadcasters as the Wallabies performance dictate the ratings for this. If they were to bow out in the quarter finals, then the ratings would be flat for the remaining games as the interest just isn’t there. But, with the final at 8pm AEST, it would be juicy if the Wallabies qualify.

Rugby World Cup is a decent event and Ten has telecast in the past.

I’m sure it’s going to be some sort of shitty simulcast event. Would be good to get it exclusively. Wallabies events on ten, all other games on One and streamed on ten play or cbs all access in HD.

Ten regaining sports will be a slow build. It’s doable. They’ve done it before.

Just a shame that foxtel seems to be involved in every sport these days. An indicatmebt on our media companies and sporting bodies that kowtow to them.

Does anyone watch Rugby U? I thought it always dies in the ass everytime someone tries it.

If the national team is winning, yes. Wallabies haven’t been much chop since Ten’s had the rights.