Russia Ukraine conflict - Coverage Discussion

The World with Beverley O’Connor will go for 2 hours this evening 10pm-12am. Production leaving poor Bev hanging a fair bit here.

1 Like

Special bulletin from the BBC.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I haven’t watched Bev on TV since she used to be fill in on the Melbourne 7pm news, but has she developed an accent? I almost don’t recognise her voice

She is South African

I was aware of that, but I never noticed an accent prior. I guess she’s either dropped the “Australian” tone or it’s always been there and I’ve never noticed :sweat_smile:

1 Like

i would say her voice has changed over the last 10 years. she has mallowed

I don’t know if this is the right thread. but the age covid-19 live blog has now become the Russian Ukrainian conflict live blog. and they didn’t mention the covid-19 live blog was going to wrap up it just went straight to the Russia Ukraine conflict. in the past day or so they had a separate blog for each

3 Likes

It hasn’t been a covid live blog for at least 6 months, but a running national news blog for some time now.

2 Likes

Chris Reason is now reporting from Krakovets, Ukraine.

5 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

Chris Reason in Krakovets

4 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

Has anyone got a recording of when they broke into programming?

1 Like

So Chris Reason is now there for Seven.

Just a question, did Geof Parry cover Iraq / Afghanistan for Seven back in the day?

1 Like

Yes - it was via a news flash

4 Likes

Not sure if he was involved in either of those conflicts, but he did cover East Timor.

4 Likes