Russia Ukraine conflict - Coverage Discussion

Seven ran a crawlers in Sydney and Melbourne - this time the background was favourable to the white text.

PM to address media - may be a challenge for the 6pm news.

1 Like

They’ll probably take the remarks and cut away at questions.

Nine breaks into programming for the conference.

ABC News takes coverage but no-one else

2 Likes

ABC support phone number graphic.

2 Likes

Update: Seven Brisbane broke into the 4pm news

Meanwhile in Sydney and Melbourne just news promo/updates

Earlier in Sydney

Nine has gone back to Hot Seat and Seven Brisbane has finished the coverage as well.

2 Likes

Is Foxtel going to cut the feed to Russia Today, or are we going to let propaganda be broadcast freely?

5 Likes

Nine Breaking News coverage ended at 2:43pm (AWST)

1 Like

As a Foxtel subscriber, I want RT to stay on. It’s good to have a different perspective. Even if you disagree strongly with what RT is reporting, there is some benefit in understanding what Russia is thinking or what they’d like the world to believe.

4 Likes

Sydney/Melbourne - 7 Melbourne out of step with the headline

2 Likes

Why? Are we at war with Russia? I like to think this is a free country that doesn’t impose media bans and people can choose what to watch

2 Likes

Was it shown on WIN Nine?

1 Like

European Commission press conference live

1 Like

Extensive coverage on The Project.

1 Like

Sarah’s being subbed out. I assume once she gets back to the UK Chris Reason will go over.

Shame for Sarah she has spent over a month on the ground with nothing much happening and then getting sent home when it starts.

3 Likes

I’m not sure if they can Chris in since they have closed airspace around Ukraine.

Sarah most likely needs a break. I’m sure she’ll be back on soon.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure that guy is a freelance photo/video journalist. If it is the guy I’m thinking of he was on the Latest last night.

Rolling coverage on the news channels has been excellent. Bit strange Sky News Australia is talking about other stuff. CNN, BBC, SKY UK, ABC24 all doing an excellent job.

1 Like

Explosions in Australian cities???

Melbourne megawall

Later

1 Like