Rush

Third episodes is down 30k from premiere. New title “Race to the bottom”.

What was that episode last night all about? So many logistical questions. So this time they get a map but don’t get told? And the money limit seemed to be irrelevant because all that happened was a lot of walking around and then a car trip to the finish area. The big question though was why were so many walking around the desert without a hat including the host for the entire episode? Again, seemed to be poorly planned by the producers and a bit of a snoozefest.

I enjoyed last night’s episode but I agree there are some questions regarding how long they were walking around the desert because they didn’t seem too bad once they finally found David. I laughed though when he mentioned that the Team Navy were so lost they were heading towards the border of Saudi Arabia.

I enjoyed the episode too, possibly because I’ve been to Petra and it is one of the most amazing locations that I’ve been too. I agree about the random wandering in the dessert though. Having them just randomly wander the wrong direction for hours though seemed a bit off. What if they just kept on going?

Having been to Petra though - I know that once you get past the Treasury and start walking up those steps to the Monastery it doesn’t take that long to the top (maybe around 45 mins). Yet they showed all the teams approaching the steps looking like they were all trekking up but clearly the last team were many hours behind and hadn’t even arrived at Petra by that stage.

Seven: Now you know how we feel every time we launch a copycat…I mean ‘unique’ format.

It looks like Nine is not showing Rush on Sunday nights, for fear of its low ratings dragging down the main channel’s audience share.

1 Like

What a shitty was to be eliminated by a game of chance - you put in all the work across the leg while a contestant who doesn’t appear get to continue.

Agree. I wonder if we’ll ever find out what ‘personal issues’ stopped him from participating in the leg. You would assume if he was unwell and/or had covid that they’d just say so, but perhaps that would mean automatic elimination, as in TARA. Mind you, Team Gold caused their own downfall by spending too much money and time on the dress to go to the wedding. They should’ve just gone to the market or wherever the other teams went. The wedding itself was very extravagant and interesting to watch. Shame Team Gold arrived too late to see the ceremony.

I mentioned previously that I know a contestant on this show so I found out that he didn’t compete this leg to no fault of his own. He was not able to travel to India because of changes to entry requirements (and sounds like a bit of a producer stuff up).

I just found it weird that they said “personal reasons”, it made it sound unfair that he could keep on racing. However the fact is that they probably would have ran the leg very differently if he was there (e.g. may not have got a dress tailored), so I’m glad he gets another chance.

3 Likes

I guess it’s easier to lump it under ‘personal issues’ rather than saying they may have stuffed up, and what you’ve said definitely shows the other side to this story.

I like David as a host. I knew his face but I wasn’t really familiar with him before this show. His laid back style is very different to the hyper Beau in TARA. Interesting that the’s always eating when he meets the teams, or in the case of last night, was drinking a cup of tea.

2 Likes

Makes it hard to believe that the teams don’t have an idea about where they are landed each episode. Apart from the obvious having to take a flight there, they also have to get a visa to the country :smile:

1 Like

Siam = pronounced See-aahm? David seems to be the only one pronouncing it the way I’ve always said it.

Yes they know exactly what country/city they are in (obviously from airports/customs). They just don’t know where in that place they are starting the leg.

Pretty sad to see Fiona put her hand up to go last night. She was an absolute gem. I was hoping that the boys weren’t going to let her fall on the sword and push for a chance vote, or that she got to stay because the other guy left (seemingly for a real personal reason) but doesn’t seem to be the case.

Yeah, Fiona was good value. I’m glad she got to see the wedding because she seemed in awe about it all.

I think I heard one of them (CK?) say something last night about a week in each country. That would make sense, but it also makes for quite a long filming time if they’re away from home for a couple of months, as opposed to The Amazing Race which is filmed in 2-3 weeks.

I’m enjoying this show more and more.

They had to commit to up to 7 weeks filming. However if they were eliminated, they were able to go straight home.

I enjoy this more than Million $ Island (but that might not be saying much). I don’t like the non-stop commentary from the host. I know they are going to a cave to find a garland of flowers. It doesn’t need to be repeated every five minutes. I know one team is going in the wrong direction; just show the action; it should speak for itself.

1 Like

I suspect it’s incessant but maybe some indecent commentary would help this show. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Season Final is episode 9 on Tuesday 25 July.

Looks like that will be a series final based on NIne’s third place last night.

One thing I was thinking was that 3 teams wasn’t enough to fill out an episode especially now that numbers are dwindling. Might have been better to have more teams to stop the pattern of just 2 teams making it to the Escape Zone while the third gets pulled up before even reaching the end of a leg.

No one will be rushing to renew this certified flop.

It did beat DWTS in the demos last night but that doesn’t mean much when Hunted and HYBPA both smashed them.

Final was tonight.

What a way to end their Rush journey! 🥰#Rush | Watch on @Channel9 and @9Now pic.twitter.com/2OVczaqy5w

— Channel9 (@Channel9) July 25, 2023