Rush

Get Ready For The

RUSH

COMING SOON TO CHANNEL 9 AND 9NOW

Welcome to RUSH, the 9Network’s new travel adventure series following twelve everyday Aussies embarking on an adventure of a lifetime to some of the most exhilarating places on the planet.

Dropped into the heart of some of the most pulsating cultural festivals, huge events and exotic locations in Brazil, Turkey, Jordan, India, Thailand, Ireland, France, Kenya and South Africa, deprived of all senses they must work together to complete the mission and reach the Escape Zone.

Host David Genat will issue missions that will immerse them deep into each country’s culture, pushing them out of their comfort zones and giving them the most authentic and mind blowing experiences they could ever imagine. The last team to get to the Escape Zone is forced to eliminate one member of their team. At the end of the global adventure one individual will emerge and scoop up a life-changing prize.

David Genat said: “I’ve done some adventurous things in my time, but nothing to top this. RUSH is going to blow people away. It’s unlike anything we’ve seen before, and having the opportunity to host such an exciting new series is a huge thrill.

“We’re going to be in the middle of the world’s biggest events and festivals and these players are in for a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Strap in – it’s going to be a wild ride.”

Endemol Shine Chief Executive Officer, Peter Newman, said: “RUSH is a blockbuster adventure series that captures the once-in-a-lifetime thrill of travel on a mind-blowing scale never attempted on Australian television. This exhilarating, immersive and authentic take on the travel genre will be a spectacular and unpredictable romp around the world that’s guaranteed to entertain audiences and also awaken the travel bug in all of us!”

Nine’s Director of Television, Michael Healy, said: “When Nine and ESA collaborate the world takes notice. Hot on the heels of The Summit we are proud to announce RUSH, our unique and authentic take on travel and adventure. Delivered on a global scale across four continents and the Middle East, Australian audiences will be on the edge of their seats from the very beginning”.

RUSH is an original concept developed by Endemol Shine Australia (a Banijay Company) and NINE and will be represented internationally by Banijay.

2 Likes

Is this a daytime format or do we think it’s for primetime?

For a moment I thought we were getting a revival of the drama series.

4 Likes

Well I think we know what multichannel this will be replayed on.

4 Likes

am I the only one who saw this and thought it was a remake of an old channel ten show? :thinking: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Yet another show titled Rush.

IMDb: : Rush 2008-2011
Rush (TV Series 2008–2011) - IMDb

IMDb: : Rush 1974-1976
Rush (TV Series 1974–1976) - IMDb

4 Likes

I think it’s going straight to Saturday afternoons.

1 Like

Unless it’s heavily subsidised by sponsors, the format (which sounds a lot like the amazing race) sounds a bit too pricey for your Saturday news lead in.

3 Likes

Turns out Rush and Globetrotters are one and the same.

1 Like

First trailer aired tonight during half time of State of Origin game one.

2 Likes

Looks like a hybrid of Amazing Race and Travel Guides.

Knowing how well The Summit and Blow Up went, I think we all know how this one’s going to turn out.

4 Likes

What is with the sudden obsession with these shows?

1 Like

So much format “poaching” going on. Rarely works.

1 Like

It’s so much like The Amazing Race that people will compare it and say it’s a rip-off of that show.

3 Likes

That was my initial thought last night when I saw the promo… Channel 9s version of The Amazing Race. I was quite surprised to see someone that I know in the promo as a contestant so found a bit more about the format. It is a bit different to Amazing Race… but has other elements that still sound like a mesh of a few different shows.

1 Like

Sunday 2 July

Dropped into the world’s biggest cultural events on a big global adventure! 🌎#Rush | Starts Sunday July 2 on @Channel9 and @9Now pic.twitter.com/WaP5WHOBYE

— Channel9 (@Channel9) June 21, 2023

Can Fiona fight her way from country to country? 🥊 #Rush | Starts Sunday July 2 to @Channel9 and @9Now pic.twitter.com/dAx4kSHF7I

— Travel Guides (@TravelGuides) June 21, 2023
2 Likes

RUSH IS THE ALL NEW BIG GLOBAL ADVENTURE

PREMIERING SUNDAY, JULY 2, AT 7.00PM
ON CHANNEL 9 AND 9NOW

It’s nearly time to immerse yourself in RUSH, the big new global adventure program coming to Channel 9 and 9Now on Sunday, July 2, at 7.00pm.

Three teams of Aussies are put to the test in this thrilling race around the world. In nine different countries, Brazil, Turkey, Jordan, India, Thailand, Ireland, France, Kenya and South Africa, the teams have one mission: be the first to get out and move on to the next destination.

Each team will be dropped into the middle of some of the most pulsating cultural festivals, huge events and exotic locations on Earth, including Carnival in Rio, St Patrick’s Day in Dublin, the colourful Holi festival in India and the throbbing techno moshpit of Tomorrowland in France.

The intrepid travellers arrive at each new drop point deprived of sight and sound. Once their noise-cancelling headphones and blackout goggles are removed their first task is to find host, David Genat, waiting for them with mission instructions.

In each location, Genat will give them a series of tasks which they must complete, immersing themselves in the chaos of the local culture before locating an extraction point amid the mayhem and rushing to the Escape Zone. They might have to organise and win a soccer match with the locals in Rio, find and photograph the Stone of Sacrifice in Petra in Jordan, or bungee jump from the world’s highest bridge, Bloukrans Gorge in South Africa.

However, the last team to arrive at each Escape Zone in every country will need to eliminate one traveller from their team.

As the numbers reduce and the teams dwindle to become individuals, one winner will emerge and win a life-changing prize of $100,000 and two first-class, around-the-world airline tickets.

Meet the three teams up for this fish-out-of-water global challenge:

1 Like

Some really odd scheduling for Rush. The premiere tonight is scheduled at 7pm and is up against the final day of The Ashes that start at 7.30pm. Then next Sunday it’s not in the schedule at all. Surely it would have been better to run next Sunday’s schedule tonight and start Rush tomorrow.

5 Likes

Perhaps Nine is already getting cold feet about Rush before it even premiered?

2 Likes

I was just about to comment that showing tonight’s Ashes is almost counter-intuitive for Rush’s launch (presuming the latter is the big-budget program they want everybody watching rather than the cricket which is a one-off event for eyeballs on network promos and ad revenue plus ratings/shares). Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a good enough reason for FTA to not have Ashes rights, the benefits of not having it outweigh having it, if you get what I mean and leave it for Foxtel/Kayo/Optus/SVOD etc but current legislation I guess forbids that.

edit

https://twitter.com/SteveMolk/status/1675436381441785856?s=19