Rugby World Cup 2019

It would be the world feed.

1 Like

I think it would be best for a commentator to call the match in the TEN’s studios (either in Sydney or Melbourne) to reduce the cost of flying. As well, 10 out of 48 matches will be shown on either 10 or 10Bold. Having 10 matches on FTA is much cheaper than having many knock-out games live. People can also stream the match via 10play.

I think not. Why do they need to reduce costs. When they last covered a World Cup in France they had all hostings and commentary from France. It adds authenticity and credibility.

Not sure what you’re going on about here. Nonsense.

2 Likes

I thought they all were going to Japan. Roz, Scott Mackinnon, Matt Burke & Gordon Bray.

They are

so Roz is doing both RWC and the Melbourne Cup Carnival. I guess they have to cut her time short in Japan.

They probably think the wallabies won’t make it too far :joy: and they just host from here after the wallabies get knocked out.

1 Like

Derby Day Melbourne Cup and RWC 2019 final falls on 2 November. What will be the 10 schedule like on that day?

I guess the schedule (EPG) will look a bit like this:

11.30am Melbourne Cup: Derby Day LIVE
6.00pm 10 News First
7.00pm Rugby World Cup: Grand Final LIVE

6pm News. At least it will compete against Seven and Nine News during the hour. For Melbourne viewers, i think they might have the news from either in Flemington or in the Sydney studios (as nationalised bulletin).

Rugby World Cup 2019 TM 4K channel

• Starting 18 September, Foxtel will host a new, dedicated Rugby World Cup 2019TM Ultra HD channel, dubbed RWC 4K Ultra HD (channel 499).
  • The Rugby World Cup 2019TM takes place in Japan from September 20 – November 2.
  • Every match of every nation of the Rugby World Cup 2019TM will also be available on FOX SPORTS 503
  • Foxtel is bringing 4K Ultra HD to select Australian pubs for the first time to screen the Rugby World Cup 2019TM LIVE in 4K Ultra HD.

Foxtel continues to change the game for Australian sport with the arrival of its second dedicated 4K Ultra HD channel, bringing subscribers exclusive coverage of every match of every nation of the Rugby World Cup 2019TM LIVE, ad-break free during play and, for the first time ever, in 4K Ultra HD.

RWC 4K Ultra HD will be Foxtel’s dedicated Rugby World Cup 2019TM 4K Ultra HD channel and will arrive Wednesday, 18 September as the world’s eyes turn toward Japan in anticipation of the biggest sporting event of the year. The Rugby World Cup 2019TM action kicks off 20 September with the opening ceremony and features all 48 matches, including the final, to be played on 2 November.

RWC 4K Ultra HD will be available exclusively to Foxtel Sports HD subscribers with an iQ4 set-top box on channel 499*.

For all other Foxtel and Foxtel Now subscribers every match of every nation of the Rugby World Cup 2019TM will be available to view LIVE in HD, ad-break free during play, on FOX SPORTS 503.

Peter Campbell, Head of Fox Sports said, “Foxtel’s first 4K Ultra HD channel redefined the way Australians experience sport. Our winter sport codes in 4K Ultra HD kept things hotter than ever across NRL, AFL and Super Rugby and, with the addition of our new, channel, RWC 4K Ultra HD , fans will feel like they’re part of the action when the Wallabies take on the world’s best in Japan.

“The arrival of our Rugby World Cup 4K Ultra HD channel also sets us up for a blockbuster season of incredible sport this summer, which will see even more 4K Ultra HD action, including our Ashes winning Aussie cricket team, lighting up screens in the coming months.”

As part of a special promotion with the Australian Leisure and Hospitality Group, 14 pubs across the country will also showcase Foxtel’s RWC 4K Ultra HD channel for their patrons, while more than 4500 licensed venues will have access to every match of every nation of the Rugby World Cup 2019TM via FOX SPORTS.

For a full list of locations on where to watch the Rugby World Cup 2019TM at local venues, visit: Fox Sports Venues | Watch Live Sports | Find Pubs & Bars.

Select venues featuring Foxtel’s RWC 4K Ultra HD channel include

Venue Name Address State
Crows Nest Hotel 1 Willoughby Rd, Crows Nest NSW 2065 NSW
Ettamogah Hotel Cnr Merriville & Windsor Rds, Kellyville Ridge NSW 2155 NSW
Caringbah Hotel 343 Port Hacking Rd, Caringbah NSW 2229 NSW
Honeysuckle Hotel C/LOT31 Honeysuckle Dr, Newcastle NSW 2300 NSW
The Breakfast Creek Hotel 2 Kingsford Smith Dr, Albion QLD 4010 QLD
The Victory Hotel 127 Edward St, Brisbane City QLD 4000 QLD
Surfers Paradise Beergarden/Tavern Cnr Cavill & Orchid Ave, Surfers Paradise, QLD 4217 QLD
Broadbeach Tavern Oasis Shopping Centre, Old Burleigh Rd, Broadbeach QLD 4218 QLD
Young & Jacksons 1 Swanston St, Melbourne VIC 3000 VIC
Shoppingtown Hotel 19 Williamsons Rd, Doncaster VIC 3108 VIC
The Brass Monkey Hotel William St & James Street, Northbridge WA 6003 WA
The Saint George Hotel 2 Morris Rd, Innaloo WA 6018 WA
Granada Tavern 666 Main Rd, Berriedale TAS 7011 TAS
Ramsgate Hotel 328 Seaview Rd, Henley Beach SA 5022 SA

Matt Burke said on last nights news he flies off to Japan today to call the rugby. Seems like ten will host from studios and call from the venue. That isn’t a bad set up really given they’re only airing a handful of games.

1 Like

I thought it was from Japan rather than the studios.

The Australian reporter that Matt white will host from the studio with some experts and cross to Gordon and Matt for the call.

any chance of seeing the article? Little surprising that they are using Matt White when as a matter of fact he was nowhere to be seen on the Rugby telecast for the last couple of months.

10 is sending quite a few off to Japan apparently. They are sending Matt Burke, Gordon Bray, Scott Mackinnon and Roz Kelly there.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/get-ready-for-a-rugby-feast/news-story/4ab85660c03b1b97d4df59384905fdad

Behind a paywall but:
Ten’s RWC coverage will be led by veteran sports broadcaster Gordon Bray and former Wallaby and sports presenter Matt Burke. Ten’s sports presenters Scott Mackinnon and Roz Kelly will also be part of the coverage.

The first game between Japan and Russia will be covered by Bray and Burke from Japan, with White and Australian rugby union player Nick Phipps in the studio at home.

so they have dropped Nathan Sharpe from the Rugby telecast after helping them out with the Rugby tests this winter. I just think they could’ve added a Wallaroos player to join White at the desk, similar to how other sports codes are covered.

1 Like

The tournament starts tomorrow night but I am yet to see any advertisement on 10’s main channel on the opening match nor Australia’s clash against Fiji on Saturday. No promo, no watermark, no ident. Does 10 wants its coverage to flop?

1 Like