Rugby League

I can’t see that many new teams coming in…

I reckon 18 at the most… a 2nd Brisbane team and one from Perth.

Any others would have to come from relocations or new entrants as a result of mergers of existing teams.

1 Like

UP YOUR ARSE PARRAMATTA!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Let me assure you the New Zealand Warriors changing their name in 2000 had nothing to do with expansion plans post 2022

6 Likes

UP YOUR ARSE WARRIORS!!! :smiley:

The Melbourne v Parramatta match at aami park was a boring, lopsided match on a Saturday night. The Storm smashed Eels 64-10. I couldn’t believe why The eels have played dreadfully tonight.

1 Like

It was part of the Magic round at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane, it wasn’t a Storm home game at AAMI Park.

1 Like

And for some of us, it certainly wasn’t boring!

Thoughts on this week’s game? :slight_smile:

Penrith are looking like serious contenders for the wooden spoon in 2019, so much for this being the year they’re expected to win the premiership (which IIRC, is a pre-season prediction that has been said and failed as far back as 2013, possibly earlier)! :laughing:

1 Like

I heard from nrl saying nrl finals footy will return to suburban grounds I think this is mostly due to rebuilding the Allianz stadium. SCG and ANZ Stadium could still be used for finals footy

2 Likes

UP YOUR ARSE DOGGIES!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Three wins in a row now for the Knights, and sitting just outside the eight!

I would not have predicted that after their meek capitulation against the Titans three weeks ago.

Penrith have been by far this years biggest disappointment.

Some teams like Parramatta and Wests Tigers need to find a bit more consistency. Their form has been a bit all over the shop.

2 Likes

Parra seems all good at BankWest stadium, it’s when they play away they seem to have a few issues.

3 Likes

The first ever Magic Round was a great success, with 134,677 streaming through Suncorp Stadium for the eight matches.

It’s a great idea, hopefully it will be on again next year. Apparently other cities have shown interest in hosting it. If Perth or Adelaide were to host it, would have to be held at Coopers Stadium in Hindmarsh or NIB Stadium in East Perth given AFL commitments

The Queensland Government signed a contract with the NRL to host the Magic Round at Suncorp this year and next year, with an option for 2021.
Coopers Stadium is too small to host Magic Round given its small capacity (16,500).

1 Like

Agree that Coopers is a bit small.

Same probably goes for NIB in Perth too.

Aami park is ideal for Melbourne to have Magic round. I think having a 30k capacity would work. However this may clash with Super rugby and if a Rebels match is played during this round the Rugby Union match could even be shunted to GMHBA stadium

1 Like

If Melbourne is ever going to host the Magic Round, the NRL will always make sure it is held when the Rebels are playing away, either interstate or overseas.

1 Like

I knew things were bad at Penrith, but losing 30-10 at home to the Warriors?

Oh my…

2 Likes

It’s not very often I cheer for the Broncos, but happy to see them knock over the Chooks tonight :grinning:… Not very New South Welshmen of me I know.