Rugby League

Where did you find this out???

Fuck golden point. Fuck the Dragons. Fuck Bruce. Fuck WIN. Fuck the NRL. Fuck Fox Sports.

Fuck it fuck it to hell.

Yes, I’m salty. :rofl: :angry:

Yes, not a good start for the Knights, losing 3 of their first 4… and 3 of those being home games as well.

They face a resurgent Manly next week at home, then the winless Titans away on Easter Sunday.

If they don’t win either of those, the knives will be getting sharpened for Nathan Brown.

Greg Inglis announced his immediate retirement today. What a player he has been.

1 Like

He has been a great player for the Storm and Souths. He will be missed.

2 Likes

Also for Queensland and Australia.

3 Likes

Qld maroons lost several players in this decade like Cameron smith, jt Thurston, billy slater, cooper Cronk, Darren Lockyer, and Greg Inglis in 2019.

1 Like

Heartbreak for the Melbourne storm as the Sydney roosters snatched a victory in the golden point thanks to a Latrell Mitchell field goal at aami park

I flew from Melbourne to Sydney this afternoon and the Roosters squad and coach Trent Robinson were on the same Qantas flight. At arrival at domestic terminal I took a photo of a Roosters player talking to the media. Not sure what his name is, but he will be on the evening news tonight.

1 Like

It LOOKS like it might be their captain, Boyd Cordner.

It is Boyd Cordner. Saw him on 10 News First.

1 Like

What is going on with the Newcastle Knights here?

Have now lost 5 in a row, and today’s loss to the Titans by 24 points was against a team that lost 2 of its best forwards either just before or during the game.

Their defence was shambolic at times today.

Parramatta celebrated the opening of their new home ground Bankwest Stadium with a 51-6 thrashing of Wests Tigers this afternoon. The first day crowd was 29,047.

2 Likes

Phillip Ronald “Phil” “Gus” Gould is expected to leave his job as general manager of the Penrith Panthers National Rugby League team, possibly as soon as tomorrow.

1 Like

Something ain’t the same with the Storm this year. Starting slow is becoming a theme, nowhere near the same finesse with the ball. Credit to the Warriors for lifting beyond all expectations too

1 Like

I watched highlights of storm v warriors match on YouTube but Why are warriors called Auckland warriors instead of New Zealand warriors?

The Warriors are celebrating their 25th season in the Australian competition. They were called Auckland Warriors when they entered the then Australian Rugby League in 1995.

2 Likes

Well they have lost some key players in recent years, most notably Cronk and Slater.

The fact that they are still joint competition leaders is a testament to Craig Bellamy and his coaching staff for finding players to capably fill those vacancies and still be right up there. Cam Smith deserves some credit for that too.

2 Likes

They changed to the New Zealand Warriors around 2000/01 when they had an ownership change. It’s because they wanted to be inclusive to the rest of NZ rather than just an Auckland team which wouldn’t be as popular with wider NZ.

3 Likes

I do have a feeling that it’s got to do with plans for NRL expansion in 2022 and beyond. South Island of New Zealand may be possible along with Pacific Islands, Papua New Guinea as well as Perth, Adelaide and Central Queensland.