Rugby League

I hear Tommy Turbo has put his hand up… but I’m guessing you’re thinking of Bradman Best?

Correct

He’s definitely a contender… Matt Burton and Jessie Ramien also possibilities… it will be interesting to see who they go with.

Two changes for NSW for Origin III on 17 July.

Bradman Best (Newcastle) in for the injured Latrell Mitchell (Souths), and Mitchell Barnett (Warriors) in for Haumole Olakau’atu (Manly).

From abc.net.au

Michael Maguire’s team for the decider is in:

1. Dylan Edwards (Penrith Panthers)

2. Brian To’o (Penrith Panthers)

3. Bradman Best (Newcastle Knights)*

4. Stephen Crichton (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)

5. Zac Lomax (St George Illawarra Dragons)

6. Jarome Luai (Penrith Panthers)

7. Mitchell Moses (Parramatta Eels)

8. Jake Trbojevic (c) (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)

9. Reece Robson (North Queensland Cowboys)

10. Payne Haas (Brisbane Broncos)

11. Liam Martin (Penrith Panthers)

12. Angus Crichton (Sydney Roosters)

13. Cameron Murray (South Sydney Rabbitohs)

14. Connor Watson (Sydney Roosters)

15. Isaah Yeo (Penrith Panthers)

16. Mitchell Barnett (Warriors)*

17. Spencer Leniu (Sydney Roosters)

***** Didn’t play in Origin I or II

2 Likes

Parramatta Eels appoint Jason Ryles as Head Coach for four seasons from 2025 | Eels.

The Parramatta Eels are delighted to announce the appointment of Jason Ryles as the Club’s new Head Coach for the next four seasons from 2025 onwards.

Ryles will join the Eels from his current club, the Melbourne Storm.

4 Likes

2 Likes

No real surprises there, but wasn’t expecting QLD to make mass changes anyway after a heavy defeat. They are not NSW.

1 Like

The NRL announced this afternoon that Raiders v Warriors and Panthers v Sharks would be the match-ups for next year’s Las Vegas extravaganza, on March 1, 2025. There will also be a Super League encounter between Wigan and Warrington, and a women’s test match between Australia and England.

EDIT: Super League announcement on Wigan v Warrington and Australia v England women’s test

3 Likes

Wow, wasn’t expecting all 4 Vegas games to be on the one day. I thought they’d be 2 double headers on consecutive days.

1 Like

I thought the same thing too.

The big question is whether the Allegiant Stadium turf can withstand over five hours of rugby league throughout the day.

1 Like

I would think it could it’s not like Suncorp. lol

3 Likes

I think the addition of the Womens Test will add an extra layer of intrigue to it all. Yes you are already selling the notion of players don’t wear padding or helmets. But also add to the that women play this sport too.

2 Likes

And not in lingerie!

1 Like

Ad for Las Vegas

5 Likes

Legendary NRL caller Ray Warren inducted in Suncorp Stadium Hall of Fame alongside media titans

Legendary NRL caller Ray Warren delivered an iconic anecdote as he joined Queensland media luminaries in the Suncorp Stadium Hall of Fame. See every inductee.

The late rugby union, swimming and Olympic writer Wayne Smith, former Rugby League Week Queensland editor Tony Durkin, former journalist and Test referee Bernie Pramberg and Channel 9 icon Ray Warren were inducted in a moving ceremony at Suncorp on Monday.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Getting in early

GO THE BLUES !!!

3 Likes

Moeaki Fotuaika and Felise Kaufusi have been promoted to the starting side, with Jeremiah Nanai and Lindsay Collins moving to the bench.

Harry Grant, who has not played a game since Origin II, has taken Ben Hunt’s place as the run-on hooker — the same move made last year when the final game was a dead rubber won by NSW.

3 Likes

What a first half!

Probably the most physical half, particularly the first 20 mins, I’ve seen for a long while.

2 Likes

Very nearly the second 0-0 half-time in history!

Have we ever had golden point in Origin?

1 Like