Rugby League

Yeah i was in Newcastle that day when Bill sin bin those players. Me and my mate use to go to most games for the eels, even interstate back in those days it was a lot of fun although we weren’t happy at that game. It also gave me a chance to listen to different radio stations, I miss those days sometimes :grinning:

2 Likes

Or an average Roosters game where Victor Radley is playing.

5 Likes

Radley is a goon. He should just start and end all games in the sin bin.

Hey Manly fans…eat that one!

UP THE KNIGHTS!

I knew you’d enjoy that one! Even if it was a depleted Manly side due to Origin.

A win is a win is a win.

Big blow for Blues … The Trell is OUT of Game 1

3 Likes

Reported this morning that SOO Game 1 is not a sellout in Adelaide which is unusual.

Not sure that this is the cause though.

The NRL will also be devastated by Mitchell’s forced withdrawal. Tickets are not sold out, which is rare for State of Origin, but more worrying is the impact Mitchell’s absence in Adelaide will have on growing the game in South Australia. Adelaide briefly had a premiership team in the Rams from 1997 to 1998, and while it is not a city on the radar for expansion it is an area where the NRL is hoping to see a spike in week-to-week interest after this Origin clash.

Losing Latrell Mitchell takes the sheen off Origin and hurts the NRL’s Adelaide ambitions | State of Origin | The Guardian.

2 Likes

The cause may be a promotional blunder by the NRL, especially during the AFL’s Gather Round last month.

4 Likes

What a crock. I hate this. NSW vs QLD and the game is played in SA. Just nonsense.

1 Like

I don’t mind it, at least it gives both teams a more even crack at winning the series each year, instead of having to play twice in either Sydney or Brisbane. That definitely tilted the odds in favour of the team that had 2 games that year.

1 Like

Exactly, I think the neutral game is something that should always happen in all three-legged series. Otherwise you’d have to do the previous winner or a set rotation of who gets games 1 and 3.

Take a Origin to Vegas instead if they’re going to take a game away from Qld and NSW.

Been there done that. lol

I think the travel / jetlag factor would be too great at this time of year.

Like V’Landys cares. He thinks NRL players are like Boxer from Animal Farm.

Easy fix: send the third match to a city that cares about sport.

2 Likes

I think a fair solution is:

State of Origin G1,2,3 : Sydney
Grand Final: Brisbane

Next year:

State of Origin G1,2,3: Brisbane
Grand Final: Sydney

Alternate each year

The Daily Telegraph reports St George’s decision behind its exit is due to concerns about the management of the club, on-field form and player behaviour across the past few years.

St George’s parent company, Westpac, signed up late last year to be an official partner of NRL, NRLW and NSW Blues.

3 Likes

The Dragons are much like WIN - a basket case cucked by someone taking 50% of the control.

2 Likes