Rugby League

Kings logo is waaaay too big. Vanilla Coke.

1 Like

Clive Churchill medallist Dylan Edwards didn’t make the Kangaroos squad for this month’s Rugby League World Cup in England.

3 Likes

And nor did the Dally M medal winner, Cronulla’s Nicho Hynes.

2 Likes

Due to a World Cup rule that requires each player in the squad to wear the same jersey number all tournament, Kangaroos players have been allocated their number based on when they made their international debut, with the exception of captain James Tedesco, who will wear the No.1.

Players yet to debut for Australia were allocated the remaining numbers in alphabetical order, meaning Penrith star Nathan Cleary has been given No.14, while Panthers teammate Isaah Yeo will don No.24.

3 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

A post-mortem following the death of Paul Green has revealed the former NRL player and coach suffered from one of most “severe forms” of pure Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE) a neuropathologist professor has ever seen.

“The only known cause for the organic brain disease is exposure to repetitive head impacts.

“I suspect he would have been coping with stuff he didn’t understand for quite a while. He didn’t have mental health problems; he just couldn’t control stuff that was going on in his head.”

The diagnosis has given Ms Green, as well as her children Emerson (13 years old) and Jed (10), some “peace” and “relief”.

“I was able to sit Jed down and explain: ‘Daddy’s brain was sick, that’s why he did what he did’.

While still a devastating diagnosis, this at least will provide some closure to the family.

3 Likes

I brought my membership to the Dolphins this week. $130 (Concession) for all 7 games at suncorp. Cheaper than a Jersey. I am a storm supporter but it would be good to have a local team to support (and i can’t bloody stand the broncos)

6 Likes

Melbourne’s SG Ball and Jersey Flegg sides had been known as the Thunderbolts since they joined the NSWRL in 2019, but they’ve been rebranded under the Melbourne Storm banner from next season onwards.
https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/big-change-storm-has-made-to-ensure-longterm-success/news-story/2b8bb9182dcddac90b10eeee3eeaab72

4 Likes

Oh boo hoo. Poor NRL not getting everything their way.

2 Likes

This has been known for a few years now…

Broncos will play 3 games at the Gabba

Sydney teams could play in regional NSW, Darwin or Tasmania

4 Likes

Meeting is tomorrow.

In a rare show of unity between the clubs and the Rugby League Players Association, Abdo will be asked why the amount of distributable revenue of $574.4m is not $100m a year more, in the light of the AFL’s recently struck $4.5 billion TV deal and the need to fund a 17th NRL club in the Dolphins.

High on the agenda of both the NRL clubs and the RLPA is the confidential pay-TV deal ARLC chair Peter V’landys negotiated with Foxtel during the Covid pandemic.

3 Likes

Anthony Seibold will replace Des Hasler as Manly coach.

4 Likes

Wait, are the byes giving teams 2 points? That seems wrong.

They always have done that in the past with the mid season byes around Origin matches.

5 Likes

Huh? Coming from an AFL background, this seems really unethical.

It’s the same for every team of course, and all teams gets the same number of byes, just in different rounds, so makes no difference by the end of the season.

That makes absolutely ZERO SENSE!!!

1 Like

So what’s the fucking point?

Two points*

4 Likes