Rugby League

The standard of refereeing outside the top couple of officials in the NRL is appallingly bad. I don’t like criticising the officials too much but the bar is so, so low. We saw that again last night

2 Likes

Last night’s refeering was the worst I’ve seen all year, not just on field, but the bunker too.

2 Likes

Yep - it was an absolute mess.

The Bronx can jam it up their coight. So can the Storm. Wrecking my tipping for the weekend.

So can the refs.

If I was in a tipping comp, I think I would have tipped Brisbane too. But I’m happy Storm won.

Some very intriguing games still to come this weekend.

I plan to watch Panthers vs Roosters tonight, and on Sunday, Knights vs Titans and Sea Eagles vs Sharks.

1 Like

NRL Tipping 2023 :eyes:

The last time I was in a tipping comp (about 5 years ago at work), I won it (against about 40 people) and I won about $300.

So I decided there and then to retire from tipping comps and go out on a high!

And as I had been in them for about 20 years and become a bit over the routine of it all and being a bit too focussed on the tips and now I can just relax and enjoy the games a bit more.

2 Likes

I’d argue that the standard is poor across the whole panel of referees and rapidly dropping

The NRL wants to get rid of the refs and introduce interactive home referees - like in Fahrenheit 451. :rofl:

Once they get microchips into footballs, that should help a lot with forward passes and knock ons. Not sure how technology can help with rulings on tackles though.

Ideally that would be a good thing. But I can see them bugger this up.

2 Likes

Good.

1 Like

Though I think it’s a year less than his original sentence even when time already served has been taken into account.

HUGE win by Penrith over the Chooks at 48-4.

Roosters middle was opened up too easily in the 1st half… bringing back the turnstile that is Sam Walker is only going make that worse… their attack seems to be okay without him.

1 Like

Anytime those cheating bastards at the Roosters get beat its a wonderful thing.

When they get thrashed, its orgasmic.

3 Likes

And what do you call it when its the Knights doing the thrashing then?!

An excuse to hire a cleaner. :rofl:

I don’t think you could pay anyone enough $$$ to clean that up! :laughing:

If they want my money they’ll clean it up.